- One block from the beach
- Ocean views
- On-site parking
- Fire-pit and hot tub
- Protected courtyard with BBQ and dining
- Close walk to shops and restaurants
- There is a $1,000 security deposit due at booking. The deposit can be withheld for violation of any of the terms and conditions, specifically the terms related to our noise and good neighbor policy. See our rental terms and conditions for further details.
- Stairs to access multiple levels
- Smoking and Pets are not permitted
- Guest age requirement is 25+ unless accompanied by parents
- Parties, excess noise or violating maximum occupancy will result in eviction
- Please see the Notes section below for more information
Please note: A government-issued ID and the credit card used at booking must be presented at check-in.
Welcome to Summer Sea in La Jolla Shores, California. La Jolla Shores is one of the most popular destinations in San Diego, and this vacation rental is located right in the sweet spot! Sandy beaches, grassy parks, palm trees and Pacific Ocean views are all here for you to enjoy. Since the home is located just one block from the sand, you don’t even have to bring a picnic lunch or worry about forgetting your sunscreen! This nicely furnished and charming beach house features ocean views from multiple rooms, a courtyard with outdoor dining, 2 fireplaces, zen garden with hot tub and even a fire-pit. Pretty much everything you need for a perfect San Diego Beach vacation. The 3rd bedroom is actually a detached A-frame guest house with a bathroom, mini kitchen and loft. It’s great as a family suite and a paradise for kids.
There’s an oceanfront grass park and playground a block away and you will love being able to stroll to the business district where you’ll find a wide selection of beach shops and rentals, breakfast spots and quality restaurants. Parking isn’t a problem with an enclosed garage and driveway large enough for a suburban.
Come and see why La Jolla Shores is one of the best places to vacation in the country! Our local area specialists are ready and waiting to help you plan the perfect vacation and once you arrive, we are available 24/7 to ensure you have an exceptional experience!.
Layout and Configuration
Sleeps a maximum of 8 adults and up to 10 with children
- Garage parking for 2 small cars and driveway for a larger vehicle.
- Stairway to main level entry with fire pit on landing
- Full kitchen with island. Bar seating for 2
- Dining area with table for 6
- Kitchen island table with bar top seating for 5
- Laundry room with full–size washer and dryer
- Courtyard with outdoor dining for 8, umbrella and gas BBQ
- Living room with gas fireplace, sofa and cable and Smart TV
- Ocean–view balcony with bistro set
- Master bedroom opens to courtyard with king bed and Smart TV
- Master bathroom with soaking tub and glass enclosed shower
- Guest bedroom opens to back yard with 2 full size beds, cable and Smart TV
- Landscaped backyard with sectional and hot tub
- Guest house casita with 2 twin beds in loft and queen sofa sleeper
- Casita kitchenette with microwave, drink fridge and sink
- Casita bathroom with glass–enclosed shower
- Ready–made beds with freshly laundered linens
- 1 bath towel, hand towel and washcloth per guest
- 1 beach towel per guest
- Kitchen sponge, hand soap, dish soap and dishwasher soap
- 2 rolls of paper towels
- Kitchen trash bags
- Bathroom starter kit (per bath): hotel-style set of shampoo, conditioner, lotion and bath soap
- 2 rolls of toilet paper per bathroom
- Gas for BBQ grill
- Laundry detergent
General Household Amenities
- Cable in some rooms and Smart TV's
- Not equipped with air-conditioning
- Box fans for bedrooms
- Stacked in–home washer and dryer
- Iron and ironing board
- Hair dryer
- Gas BBQ grill
Please note: Bikes, beach chairs and toys are not included. Check out our partners for discounts on bike and beach rentals.
- Refrigerator, oven/stovetop, microwave and dishwasher
- Toaster, blender and coffee maker
- Cookware, dishes, cups, mugs and utensils
- BBQ grill utensils
Please note: Baggies, aluminum foil, etc. are not supplied.
- Garage can fit 2 small sedans or 1 mid-size SUV
- Driveway can fit 2 normal sedans (narrow) or 1 full-size SUV
- Limited additional street parking
La Jolla Shores
Jolla Shores is highlighted by a beautiful stretch of sandy beach that is popular with visitors and locals alike. This laid back residential community features sweeping views of the ocean and La Jolla Cove, and contains a mix of homes ranging from quaint beach cottages up to luxury ocean front estate homes.
The beach stretches a mile long and is anchored by the world renowned Scripps Institute of Oceanography to the north and by the 600-acre San Diego La Jolla Underwater Park and Ecological Reserve to the south. The clear waters and gently sloped sandy beach is the perfect place to play, sunbathe and swim. La Jolla Shores is consistently ranked one of the top family beaches in San Diego. There are plenty of water activities such as surfing, boogie boarding, stand up paddle boarding, kayaking, snorkeling and scuba diving. The wide grass lawn of Kellogg Park runs right along the boardwalk and is a great place for a BBQ, picnic or volley ball game, along with a very nice beachfront playground. The nearby business district is a mixed–use village offering shopping, dining and beach shops along with several surf and scuba shops that offer lessons and guided kayak tours to the sea cliffs and caves at La Jolla Cove.
Distance to Popular San Diego Attractions
Approximate driving distance
- Balboa Park and Museums: 13 miles
- Belmont Park: 7 miles
- Gaslamp Quarter/Downtown San Diego: 14 miles
- La Jolla Cove: 1.5 miles
- LEGOLAND® California Resort: 21 miles
- Mount Soledad Veterans Memorial: 2.5 miles
- Old Town San Diego State Historic Park: 10 miles
- San Diego Zoo®: 14 miles
- San Diego Zoo® Safari Park: 28 miles
- SeaWorld® San Diego: 8 miles
- Seaport Village: 14 miles
- Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve: 3 miles
- USS Midway Museum: 14 miles
|Apr - 2021|
|May - 2021|
|Jun - 2021|
|Jul - 2021|
|Aug - 2021|
|Sep - 2021|
|Oct - 2021|
|Nov - 2021|
Please note: A government-issued ID and the credit card used at booking must be presented at check-in. Guest age requirement is 25+ unless children accompanied by parents. Parties, excess noise or violating maximum occupancy are prohibited and will result in immediate eviction with no refunds.
- 50% down; all balances are due 30 days prior to arrival
- City Occupancy Tax: 10.5%
- Departure Cleaning: $310
- Vacation Rental Damage Protection: $99
- Refundable security deposit amount dependent on number of occupants and length of stay
Arrival / Departure
- Check-in: 4:00 PM
- Check-out: 10:00 AM
Please note: We are unable to accommodate early check ins or late check outs during peak periods.
Furnishings and amenities are subject to change. No refunds given for any reason unless manager deems the home to be uninhabitable. All occupants and use of home must be approved by management, and reservations may be declined or canceled at management’s discretion. All rates are subject to change until finalization of reservation.