- Beautifully designed and constructed stand-alone home
- Prime location; steps to the beach, bay, shops and dining
- Rooftop view patio with seating
- Private and luxurious with high-end finishes and appliances
- 2-car enclosed garage
- Smart TVs with Hulu Plus, HBO, Netflix and Amazon Prime Video
- There is a $2500 security deposit due at booking. The deposit can be withheld for violation of any of the terms and conditions, specifically the terms related to our noise and good neighbor policy. See our rental terms and conditions for further details.
- Stairs required to access living area and loft-style master bedroom
- Expensive finishes and surfaces; may not be suitable for young children
- No cable or broadcast channels; streaming services available
- Smoking and Pets not permitted
- Guest age requirement is 25+ unless accompanied by parents
- Parties, excess noise or violating maximum occupancy will result in eviction
- Please see the Notes section below for more information
Please note: A government-issued ID and the credit card used at booking must be presented at check-in.
Looking to stay somewhere special for your next vacation? Look no further – you’ve found the Mission Beach Solstice, an amazing detached home located right in the middle of the most desirable part of Mission Beach. Situated on the strand right between the beach and bay, this unique vacation rental exudes a feeling of home no matter who you are or where you live.
This is not your typical beach house. From top to bottom and inside and out, the home was custom-built using the finest in natural materials to create a contemporary masterpiece.
The homeowner-builder traveled extensively in the US, Europe and Asia, which provided the inspiration for this remarkable property. By combining diverse styles, such as the clean lines of Scandinavian architecture with the warm natural materials of Southeast Asian temples, the result achieved is a light, airy and welcoming space where you can’t help but relax the moment you walk in the door. The extensive use of stone, concrete, metal and glass adds weight and drama, and then those materials are fused with a copious amount of custom woodwork throughout to lend warmth and life to the space. The diverse wood species used include oil-rubbed oak floors, expansive Douglas fir window casings, rich mahogany doors and handrails, and solid hardwood cabinetry. The use of extraordinary building materials continues with seafoam green travertine tile with embedded marine fossils, quartzite tile with marble details, tumbled glass inlays and colorful sandstone that is ever changing when interacting with sunlight and shadows.
Guests will also appreciate the Green building practices that were used, including the photovoltaic panels on the roof, energy-efficient heat pump and tankless water heater. The climate-appropriate and drought-tolerant garden uses agaves native to Mexico, aloes from southern Africa and California-native echeveria succulents.
Attention to detail is everywhere. One-of-a-kind delights to discover include a surfboard over the staircase, made from a redwood spar reclaimed from a northern California water tower; a Douglas fir orca totem made by a Native American chainsaw artist working alongside a Washington highway; and a large kitchen island/table handcrafted from sustainable and locally harvested eucalyptus. The kitchen table is a natural gathering place and it was deliberately placed at the center of the structure. It’s the heart of the home and the lines of the dwelling radiate from there.
The open concept living floor on the main (2nd) level features a gourmet kitchen where conversation around the table flows easily and whipping up your favorite dishes is a breeze. Chefs will appreciate the induction cooktop with specialized cookware, convection oven and built-in gas BBQ with pass-through window. The kitchen’s custom-styled cabinetry is offset against a wall of back-painted glass accented with open shelving made of honed marble. The living area is just off the kitchen, and features stylish designer furnishings, including a queen sofa sleeper and a large top-of-the-line flat-screen TV and sound system.
This beautiful Mission Beach vacation rental is truly a unique and special retreat.
Call the Bluewater Vacation Homes team for help finding the perfect home for your group or for assistance planning your vacation to San Diego. Once you arrive, our guest services team is available 24/7 to ensure you have an exceptional experience.
Layout and Configuration
Sleeps a maximum of 6
- Bedroom 2 (suite): queen bed (sleeps 2) with flat-screen TV and en suite bathroom with tub/shower
- Enclosed courtyard with succulent garden
- Main entry
- Stacked washer and dryer
- 2-car garage (see dimensions under Parking)
- Main living area with queen sofa sleeper (sleeps 2) and flat-screen TV
- Half bathroom
- Kitchen island table with bar top seating for 5
- Open concept chef’s kitchen
- BBQ patio with pass-through window
- Bedroom 1 (master loft suite): king bed (sleeps 2) with flat-screen TV and en suite bathroom with walk-in shower
- View balcony with stairway to rooftop patio
- Panoramic view rooftop patio with love seat and 2 barstools
- Ready-made beds with freshly laundered linens
- 1 bath towel, hand towel and washcloth per guest
- 1 beach towel per guest
- Kitchen sponge, hand soap, dish soap and dishwasher soap
- 2 rolls of paper towels
- Kitchen trash bags
- Bathroom starter kit (per bath): hotel-style set of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, bath soap, and facial tissues
- 2 rolls of toilet paper per bathroom
- Gas for BBQ grill
- Laundry detergent
General Household Amenities
- No cable or broadcast channels; smart TVs with Hulu Plus, HBO, Netflix and Amazon Prime Video
- Box fans for bedrooms
- In-home washer and dryer
- Iron and ironing board
- Hair dryer
- Gas BBQ grill
Please note: Bikes, beach chairs and toys are not included. Check out our partners for discounts on bike and beach rentals.
- Refrigerator, oven/stovetop, microwave and dishwasher
- Toaster, blender and coffee maker
- Cookware, dishes, cups, mugs and utensils
- BBQ grill utensils
Please note: Spices, baggies, aluminum foil, etc. are not supplied.
- 2-car garage dimensions: 15.5′ W x 19.5′ D x 6′6″ H
- Garage can fit 2 small sedans or 1 mid-size SUV
- Limited additional street parking
The location of this home is hard to beat. It’s just a few steps to the bay or the ocean, and within close walking distance to a myriad of restaurants, pubs, coffee shops, markets, surf shops, beach boutiques, water sports, beach and bike rentals and more! Just park your car in the garage – you won’t need it because everything is here!
Soak up the sun, watch the surfers and dolphins off shore, or take your morning stroll along the miles and miles of beachside or bayside boardwalks. It’s all here and waiting for you.
Distance to Popular San Diego Attractions
Approximate driving distance
- Balboa Park and Museums: 9 miles
- Belmont Park: 1 mile
- Gaslamp Quarter/Downtown San Diego: 10 miles
- La Jolla Cove: 6 miles
- LEGOLAND® California Resort: 30 miles
- Mount Soledad Veterans Memorial: 4 miles
- Old Town San Diego State Historic Park: 7 miles
- San Diego Zoo®: 11 miles
- San Diego Zoo® Safari Park: 38 miles
- SeaWorld® San Diego: 3 miles
- Seaport Village: 10 miles
- Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve: 11 miles
- USS Midway Museum: 10 miles
|Sep - 2020|
|Oct - 2020|
|Nov - 2020|
|Dec - 2020|
|Jan - 2021|
|Feb - 2021|
|Mar - 2021|
|Apr - 2021|
Please note: A government-issued ID and the credit card used at booking must be presented at check-in. Guest age requirement is 25+ unless children accompanied by parents. Parties, excess noise or violating maximum occupancy are prohibited and will result in immediate eviction with no refunds.
- 50% down; all balances are due 30 days prior to arrival
- City Occupancy Tax: 10.5%
- Departure Cleaning: $250
- Vacation Rental Damage Protection: $99
- Refundable security deposit amount dependent on number of occupants and length of stay
Arrival / Departure
- Check-in: 4:00 PM
- Check-out: 10:00 AM
Please note: We are unable to accommodate early check ins or late check outs during peak periods.
Furnishings and amenities are subject to change. No refunds given for any reason unless manager deems the home to be uninhabitable. All occupants and use of home must be approved by management, and reservations may be declined or canceled at management’s discretion. All rates are subject to change until finalization of reservation.