Located in a peaceful and quiet neighborhood with private backyard space, and incredible roof-top deck/lounge with ocean views! This single family home has 3 bedrooms/3 bathrooms and is within walking distance of restaurants, coffee shops, etc...
• Peaceful and quiet location
• Rooftop lounge with ocean and sunset views
• Full wall projector screen for movies
• Private backyard space with dining area, BBQ and hot tub
• Professionally designed and featuring artwork by the homeowner
• Beautiful landscaped garden entrance with koi pond
• Close proximity to shops and restaurants
• Stairs required to access
• Rooftop deck curfew at 9:00 PM
• Not equipped with air conditioning (ceiling and box fans provided)
• Streaming services available; projection TV in the guest room
• Smoking not permitted
• Pets considered with an additional fee & owner approval
• Guest age requirement is 25+ unless accompanied by parents
Please Notes: A government-issued ID and the credit card used at booking must be presented at check-in.
If you are seeking a unique and special place to stay in San Diego, then look no further. This is an amazing opportunity to enjoy a Designer`s former personal residence located in the upscale neighborhood of Bird Rock in La Jolla. This home was custom-built by the designer and every corner of the home detail displays a high level of sophistication and attention to detail. This luxury vacation rental offers three bedrooms, three bathrooms, enclosed front and back yards, outdoor Jacuzzi, and a rooftop veranda with beautiful ocean views as far as the eye can see.
On the first level, the living room has a fantastic open-air feeling, the result of the many windows peering outside to the view of the lush, tropically landscaped and enclosed front yard. Custom leather couch and seating areas are arranged perfectly for visiting, relaxing or watching your favorite movie on the large flat-screen television with DVD player and full surround sound.
The adjacent dining room offers seating for 8 at a glass top table enhanced by custom art by the homeowner that is displayed throughout the home. The galley kitchen is fully equipped with an under the cabinet microwave oven, electric range and cooktop, refrigerator, dishwasher, garbage disposal, under cabinet lighting, everything you need for enjoying family dinners at home! Guests will appreciate the counter space and storage, custom hardwood cabinetry, stone countertops, and high-end kitchen appliances.
There are two bedrooms on the first level of the house. The first has a king-size bed and a leather sofa where you can sit and enjoy the projection screen movie system which covers the entire wall for an amazing movie-watching experience. The owner has graciously made his extensive DVD collection available for guests. When movie time is over, the sofa folds down to convert to a full-size bed to create an additional sleeping space. This room also has its own private bathroom with a full tub and shower, as well as glass sliding doors that lead out to the picturesque and private backyard.
The second bedroom offers a queen-size bed and direct access to the bathroom with a custom glass-enclosed shower. The second level of the home is made up entirely of the master suite bedroom with a high open-beam wood ceiling and luxurious king-size bed, gas fireplace, comfortable couch seating area and private patio with ocean view. It is very romantic and offers extra privacy with Shoji- type screens that open to ocean views or close to offer more privacy from the lower level. There are a Stereo/CD stereo player and built-in speakers through the master suite as well. The connecting master bath has two standalone sinks, vanity table, a sunken Jacuzzi tub, and separate custom shower stall.
Finally, as you make your ascent up a spiral staircase to the top level of the home, you will be rewarded with a stunning rooftop deck featuring beautiful views of the ocean and surroundings. This fully furnished space includes a small bar fridge and offers the perfect place to doze in the sun on the oversized lounger or toast the sunset with friends and family on the outdoor sofa seating. This is one of the extra special details that set this home apart from the others in La Jolla.
The backyard patio is very private with custom lighting to set the mood for the evening’s enjoyment. Entertain your friends and family and dine outside in the beautiful patio area complete with a dining table with a patio umbrella and built-in gourmet gas BBQ. No vacation is complete without a dip in the enticing hot bubbling Jacuzzi spa, perfect for the ultimate relaxation after a long day at the beach or shopping and dining in La Jolla.
LAYOUT AND CONFIGURATION
• Sleeps a maximum of 7 adults and 1 child
• Enclosed front yard with koi pond
• Living area with sofa seating, large HDTV and surround sound
• Full-size kitchen and dining area with seating for 6 to 8
• Bedroom 2: King size bed (sleeps 2), click-clack full-size sofa/futon (sleeps 2), and wall projection screen
• En-suite bathroom with tub and shower
• Bedroom 3: Queen size bed (sleeps 2) and adjacent bathroom with walk-in shower
• Private and fenced back yard with built-in BBQ, dining table and hot tub
• Bedroom 1 (master): Loft style suite on the entire second floor with King size bed (sleeps 2), vaulted ceilings, fireplace, TV, seating area and balcony
• Master bath with dual-sink vanity, sunken jetted tub, and custom walk-in shower
• Spiral staircase to the roof deck
• Oceanview rooftop deck with sofa seating and oversize sun lounger
Street parking available
Please note: This home is located in a high-density family neighborhood and is only suitable for quieter groups. Deposit forfeitures and evictions are strictly enforced for contract violations. Please make sure you are comfortable with these policies before booking with Bluewater.
NEIGHBORHOOD: BIRD ROCK, LA JOLLA
This home is in a coastal neighborhood in southern La Jolla, just north of Pacific Beach. La Jolla Blvd. is the main north/south artery and the Bird Rock business district features restaurants, café coffee shops, surf shops and more. From here you can head up the road to the wonderful village of La Jolla, scenic coves and cliffs and the popular beach at La Jolla shores. To the south it’s a short drive or ride to the beautiful beaches of Pacific and Mission Beaches, water sports and activities on Mission Bay and the lively ocean front boardwalk that runs for miles and miles.
DISTANCE TO POPULAR SAN DIEGO ATTRACTIONS
Approximate driving distance
• Balboa Park and Museums: 11 miles
• Belmont Park: 3 miles
• Gaslamp Quarter/Downtown San Diego: 12 miles
• La Jolla Cove: 3 miles
• LEGOLAND® California Resort: 29 miles
• Mount Soledad Veterans Memorial: 3 miles
• Old Town San Diego State Historic Park: 8 miles
• San Diego Zoo®: 13 miles
• San Diego Zoo® Safari Park: 35 miles
• SeaWorld® San Diego: 5 miles
• Seaport Village: 12 miles
• Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve: 10 miles
• USS Midway Museum: 12 miles
THINGS OF NOTE
Check-in time is 4:00 PM and check-out: 10:00 AM. In order to properly clean, sanitize and maintain the home, we are unable to accommodate early check-ins or check-outs.
This home is in a residential neighborhood with other homes in close proximity. Because of past problems with disrespectful guests, disturbances are not tolerated and will result in immediate eviction. We appreciate your understanding.
Furnishings and amenities are subject to change. No refunds are given for any reason unless the home is uninhabitable. All occupants and use of the home must be approved by management, and reservations may be declined or canceled at management’s discretion.