- Peaceful and quiet location
- Roof-top deck/lounge with ocean views
- Gated and fenced
- Private backyard space with dining,BBQ and hot tub
- Professionally designed and featuring artwork by the homeowner
- Close proximity to shops and restaurants
- Suitable for 7 adults or up to 8 with children
- Stairs required to access
- Quiet residential neighborhood. Roof-top deck curfew at 9:00PM
- No pets and no smoking permitted
- Not equipped with air-conditioning. Ceiling and box fans provided
- Guest Age Requirement: 25+ unless children accompanied by parents
Note: ID and the credit card used for booking must be presented at check-in.
Layout and Configuration
- Enclosed front yard with koi pond
- Front entryway
- Living area with sofa seating and large HDTV and surround sound
- Dining area with seating for 6 to 8
- Full-size kitchen
- Bedroom 2 with king bed, fold down full-size sofa/futon, wall projection screen
- En-suite master bathroom with tub and shower
- Bedroom 3 with queen bed and adjacent bathroom with walk-in shower
- Private and fenced back yard with built-in BBQ, dining table and hot tub
- Master Suite with king bed, vaulted ceilings, fire place, TV, seating area and balcony
- Master bath with dual-sink vanity, sunken jetted tub and custom walk-in shower
- Spiral staircase to roof deck
- Ocean-view roof-top deck with sofa seating and oversize sun lounger
If you are seeking a unique and special place to stay in San Diego, then look no further. This is an amazing opportunity to enjoy a Designer's former personal residence located in the upscale neighborhood of Bird Rock in La Jolla. This home was custom-built by the designer and every corner of the home detail displays a high level of sophistication and attention to detail. This luxury vacation rental offers three bedrooms, three bathrooms, enclosed front and back yards, outdoor Jacuzzi, and a roof top veranda with beautiful ocean views as far as the eye can see.
On the first level, the living room has a fantastic open-air feeling, the result of the many windows peering outside to the view of the lush, tropically landscaped and enclosed front yard. Custom leather couch and seating areas are arranged perfectly for visiting, relaxing or watching your favorite movie on the large flat screen television with DVD player and full surround sound.
The adjacent dining room offers seating for 8 at a glass top table enhanced by custom art by the homeowner that is displayed throughout the home. The galley kitchen is fully-equipped with an under the cabinet microwave oven, electric range and cook top, refrigerator, dishwasher, garbage disposal, under cabinet lighting, everything you need for enjoying family dinners at home! Guests will appreciate the counter space and storage, custom hardwood cabinetry, stone counter tops and high-end kitchen appliances.
There are two bedrooms on the first level of the house. The first has a king size bed, and a leather sofa where you can sit and enjoy the projection screen movie system which covers the entire wall for an amazing movie watching experience. The owner has graciously made his extensive DVD collection available for guests. When movie-time is over, the sofa folds down to convert to a full-size bed to create an additional sleeping space. This room also has its own private bathroom with full tub and shower, as well as glass sliding doors which lead out to the picturesque and private backyard.
The second bedroom offers a queen size bed and direct access to the bathroom with a custom glass enclosed shower. The second level of the home is made up entirely of the master suite bedroom with a high open-beam wood ceiling and luxurious king-size bed, gas fireplace, comfortable couch seating area and private patio with ocean view. It is very romantic and offers extra privacy with Shoji- type screens that open to ocean views or close to offer more privacy from the lower level. There is a Stereo/CD stereo player and built in speakers through the master suite as well. The connecting master bath has two standalone sinks, vanity table, sunken Jacuzzi tub and separate custom shower stall.
Finally, as you make your ascent up a spiral staircase to the top level of the home, you will be rewarded with a stunning roof top deck featuring beautiful views of the ocean and surroundings. This fully furnished space includes a small bar fridge and offers the perfect place to doze in the sun on the oversize lounger or toast the sunset with friends and family on the outdoor sofa seating. This is one of the extra special details that set this home apart from the others in La Jolla.
The back-yard patio is very private with custom lighting to set the mood for the evening’s enjoyment. Entertain your friends and family and dine outside in the beautiful patio area complete with dining table with patio umbrella and built-in gourmet gas BBQ. No vacation is complete without a dip in the enticing hot bubbling Jacuzzi spa, perfect for the ultimate relaxation after a long day at the beach or shopping and dining in La Jolla.
Sound good? Call or email for more details of go ahead and reserve your dates today!
Sleeping Accommodations (Sleeps a maximum of 8)
- Bedroom 1 - Master – King size bed - Sleeps up to 2
- Bedroom 2 – King size bed, full-size futon - Sleeps up to 4
- Bedroom 3 – Queen bed – Sleeps up to 2
- Main level bathroom with walk-in shower
- En suite bath in Bedroom 2 with tub and shower
- Master bathroom with jetted tub and walk-in shower
Complimentary Guest Amenities
- WiFi internet access
- Ready-made beds with freshly laundered linens
- One bath towel, hand towel, and wash cloth per guest
- One Beach Towel per guest
- Kitchen sponge, Hand soap, Dish soap, Dishwasher soap
- Two rolls of paper towels
- Kitchen trash bags
- Bathroom starter kit: Hotel-style set of shampoo, conditioner, lotion and bath soap
- Two rolls of toilet paper per bathroom
- Propane for BBQ
- Laundry detergent
- Not equipped with air conditioning
- HDTV in Living room
- Projection TV and DVD library in bedroom 2
- Washer and Dryer
- Box fans for bedrooms
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Hair Dryer
- Gas BBQ
- Fireplace in Master Suite
- Hot tub
- Refrigerator, oven/stovetop, microwave and dishwasher
- Street parking available
Bird Rock, La Jolla
Distance to popular San Diego Attractions
- Balboa Park and Museums: 10.6 miles
- Belmont Park: 3.2 miles
- Gaslamp Quarter/Downtown San Diego: 11.9 miles
- La Jolla Cove: 3.2 miles
- LEGOLAND® California: 29.4 miles
- Mount Soledad Veterans Memorial: 2.7 miles
- Old Town San Diego State Historic Park: 7.7 miles
- San Diego Zoo®: 13.2 miles
- San Diego Zoo® Safari Park: 35.2 miles
- SeaWorld® San Diego: 4.8 miles
- Seaport Village 11.5 miles
- Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve: 9.9 miles
- USS Midway Museum: 11.7 miles
At Bluewater Vacation Homes, our most important job is to help you find the perfect home for you and your group. Our vacation planners are local area experts and here to help you plan your activities to make the most of your stay. Once you arrive, we're available 24/7 to make sure you have an exceptional experience.
Please note: A government issued ID and credit card used at booking must be presented at check-in. This home is located in a high-density family neighborhood and is only suitable for quieter groups. Deposit forfeitures and evictions are strictly enforced for contract violations. Please make sure you are comfortable with these policies before booking with Bluewater.
|Feb - 2019|
|Mar - 2019|
|Apr - 2019|
|May - 2019|
|Jun - 2019|
|Jul - 2019|
|Aug - 2019|
|Sep - 2019|
Rates* Rates are subject to change without notice. Pricing excludes taxes, additional options and fees.
|Vacation Rental Standard Pricing||Sun||Mon||Tue||Wed||Thu||Fri||Sat||Min Nights|
50% down; all balances are due 60 days prior to arrival
City Occupancy Tax: 10.5%
Departure Cleaning: $225
Vacation Rental Damage Protection: $99
Refundable security deposit amount dependent on number of occupants and length of stay
- Check-in: 4:00 PM
- Check-out: 10:00 AM
Frequently Asked Questions
Rental Terms and Conditions
Furnishings and amenities are subject to change. No refunds given for any reason unless manager deems the home to be uninhabitable. All occupants and use of home must be approved by management, and reservations may be declined or canceled at management’s discretion. All rates are subject to change until finalization of reservation.