- Beachfront with stunning views
- Direct and private access to Windansea Beach
- Interior courtyard with swimming pool and spa
- Each bedroom features an en suite bathroom
- Outdoor dining and lounge areas overlooking the ocean
- Click here for a 3D virtual tour and floor plan
- Click here for a photo tour video
- There is a $2500 security deposit due at booking. The deposit can be withheld for violation of any of the terms and conditions, specifically the terms related to our noise and good neighbor policy. See our rental terms and conditions for further details.
- Sleeps up to 14 with a maximum of 12 adults
- Sandy beach can become rocky depending on season and tides
- No cable or broadcast channels; streaming services available
- No smoking
- No pets
- Guest age requirement is 25+ unless accompanied by parents
- Parties, excess noise or violating maximum occupancy will result in immediate eviction
- Please see the Notes section below for more information
Please note: A government-issued ID and the credit card used at booking must be presented at check-in.
This vacation rental is an incredibly rare oceanfront home in beautiful La Jolla with a private swimming pool, spa and direct access to Windansea beach. This Santa Barbara-style home is sited on the westernmost piece of beachfront property at the exact dividing point between Windansea Beach and Marine Street Beach in prestigious Lower Hermosa.
This exceptional coastal San Diego residence features ocean view decks, spacious patios and a grass yard, all set against the back drop of the blue Pacific Ocean. When staying at this oceanfront estate home, you won’t need to search for parking or have to walk to a public beach – right off your backyard is a private locked gate that gives you direct access to two of the best local beaches in San Diego away from the crowds.
Playa Vista Beachfront is located in a very exclusive, secure and gated La Jolla neighborhood on a quiet cul-de-sac. As you enter the property, you are greeted by a sunny interior courtyard with a swimming pool, spa and lounges. There is a built-in Dacor stainless steel outdoor grill for cooking your favorite meals and a dining table for al fresco dining. From the courtyard, you will enter the home through a foyer and into the great room with a 15′ open-beamed ceiling. Saltillo tile flooring, tasteful furnishings and a built-in fireplace topped by a 65″ curved flat-screen HDTV all conspire to create a wonderful space for groups to gather and spend time together. As impressive as the great room is, you’ll find your eyes drawn to the large bay windows that frame the spectacular and expansive views of the ocean and California coastline.
Step outside of the great room onto the oceanfront patio and gaze north towards Marine Street Beach, a body surfer’s and sunbather’s paradise. To the south is Windansea Beach, an incredibly picturesque beach featuring one of the most famous surf breaks in California and the setting and inspiration for Tom Wolfe’s novel, The Pump House Gang. Step down from the patio onto the grass lawn where you can lounge, or walk out past the private gate and put your toes in beach sand. Take a morning stroll and watch the whales and dolphins play in surf, grab your board and hit the waves, or grab a beach chair and soak in the San Diego sunshine. It’s all here and waiting for you!
Playa Vista Beachfront in La Jolla has a rich heritage and notable history. Because of its incredible location, this property was selected and purchased as a summer home by a founding member of one of Hollywood’s biggest and most famous studios. Over the years, Playa Vista Beachfront has hosted major stars, political figures and behind-the-scenes movers and shakers. Now you have the opportunity to experience this one-of-a-kind vacation rental and discover why this is one of the most coveted pieces of property in all of Southern California. We invite you to call and learn more and make this your own private retreat!
Call the Bluewater Vacation Homes team for help finding the perfect home for your group or for assistance planning your vacation to San Diego. Once you arrive, our guest services team is available 24/7 to ensure you have an exceptional experience.
Layout and Configuration
Sleeps a maximum of 14
- Interior courtyard with pool, spa and built-in BBQ grill
- Main entrance and foyer with seating and fold-out sofa sleeper (sleeps up to 2)
- Open floor plan: ocean view great room featuring a fireplace, HDTV and dining area with seating for 10
- Full kitchen and breakfast bar with access to courtyard
- Laundry room
- Ocean view patio with dining table and lounge seating
- Bedroom 3 (master suite): 2 queen beds (sleeps up to 4) with HDTV, en suite bathroom and direct access to oceanfront patio
- Bedroom 2 (suite): king bed (sleeps 2) with HDTV, en suite bathroom and direct access to patio and backyard
- Bedroom 4 (suite): 2 twin beds (sleeps 2) with HDTV, en suite bathroom and direct access to patio and backyard
- Bedroom 1 (master suite): king bed (sleeps 2) with HDTV, en suite bathroom and wrap-around balcony
- Bedroom 5 (suite): twin and full bunk bed set (sleeps up to 3) with HDTV, en suite bathroom and French doors that overlook pool and courtyard
- Ready-made beds with freshly laundered linens
- 1 bath towel, hand towel and washcloth per guest
- 1 beach towel per guest
- Kitchen sponge, hand soap, dish soap and dishwasher soap
- 2 rolls of paper towels
- Kitchen trash bags
- Bathroom starter kit (per bath): hotel-style set of shampoo, conditioner, lotion and bath soap
- 2 rolls of toilet paper per bathroom
- Gas for BBQ grill
- Laundry detergent
General Household Amenities
- Cable TV
- Box fans for bedrooms
- In-home washer and dryer
- Iron and ironing board
- Hair dryer
- Gas BBQ grill
Please note: Bikes, beach chairs and toys are not included. Check out our partners for discounts on bike and beach rentals.
- Refrigerator, oven/stovetop, microwave and dishwasher
- Toaster, blender and coffee maker
- Cookware, dishes, cups, mugs and utensils
- BBQ grill utensils
Please note: Spices, baggies, aluminum foil, etc. are not supplied.
- Driveway parking
- Limited additional street parking
La Jolla – known as “the Jewel of San Diego” – is one of the most sought-after vacation destinations in Southern California. Featuring a mild climate, breathtaking views and spectacular scenery, it’s well-known for surfing and popular family beaches perfect for a relaxing vacation. You’ll immediately feel like a local as La Jolla’s quaint cafés, restaurants and corner shops welcome you!
Catch some waves on a surfboard in Windansea Beach or head north to La Jolla Shores offering plenty of water activities such as stand-up paddleboarding, snorkeling and scuba diving along with guided kayak tours of the sea cliffs and caves at La Jolla Cove.
Distance to Popular San Diego Attractions
Approximate driving distance
- Balboa Park and Museums: 14 miles
- Belmont Park: 5 miles
- Gaslamp Quarter/Downtown San Diego: 14 miles
- La Jolla Cove: 2 miles
- LEGOLAND® California Resort: 27 miles
- Mount Soledad Veterans Memorial: 3 miles
- Old Town San Diego State Historic Park: 10 miles
- San Diego Zoo®: 15 miles
- San Diego Zoo® Safari Park: 32 miles
- SeaWorld® San Diego: 7 miles
- Seaport Village: 14 miles
- Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve: 7 miles
- USS Midway Museum: 14 miles
|Jan - 2021|
|Feb - 2021|
|Mar - 2021|
|Apr - 2021|
|May - 2021|
|Jun - 2021|
|Jul - 2021|
|Aug - 2021|
Please note: A government-issued ID and the credit card used at booking must be presented at check-in. Guest age requirement is 25+ unless children accompanied by parents. Parties, excess noise or violating maximum occupancy are prohibited and will result in immediate eviction with no refunds.
- 50% down; all balances are due 30 days prior to arrival
- City Occupancy Tax: 10.5%
- Departure Cleaning: $560
- Vacation Rental Damage Protection: $198
- Refundable security deposit amount dependent on number of occupants and length of stay
Please note: Spa heat is complimentary; pool heat is an additional $100 a day and must be purchased at a 3-night minimum. If you want to purchase pool heat, please notify us 7 days prior to your arrival as it takes 12–24 hours to heat up to maximum temperature. Because the pool and spa run off of the same heater, they cannot be heated at the same time.
Arrival / Departure
- Check-in: 4:00 PM
- Check-out: 10:00 AM
Please note: We are unable to accommodate early check ins or late check outs during peak periods.
Furnishings and amenities are subject to change. No refunds given for any reason unless manager deems the home to be uninhabitable. All occupants and use of home must be approved by management, and reservations may be declined or canceled at management’s discretion. All rates are subject to change until finalization of reservation.