- Only steps away from the beach
- Walking distance to La Jolla Cove, shops and restaurants
- Historic San Diego beach cottage
- Single–family detached home
- Gas fireplace with remote control
- There is a $1,000 security deposit due at booking. The deposit can be withheld for violation of any of the terms and conditions, specifically the terms related to our noise and good neighbor policy. See our rental terms and conditions for further details.
- Home on hillside, stairs on sidewalk to entry
- Street parking in off–season, parking garage available during summer (10min walk)
- Equipped with air conditioning
- Smoking and Pets are not permitted
- Guest age requirement is 25+ unless accompanied by parents
- Parties, excess noise or violating maximum occupancy will result in eviction
- Please see the Notes section below for more information
Please note: A government-issued ID and the credit card used at booking must be presented at check-in.
La Jolla, known as the Jewel of San Diego, is a must see for anyone visiting Southern California, and if you want to stay in the middle of it all, this is the perfect vacation rental. Casa del Sol is one of 4 historic Beach Cottages built in the 1930’s and lined up along a stairway leading from Prospect Street to La Jolla Cove known as Ocean Lane. As La Jolla grew and developed around them, the cottages have retained the original charm and appeal that have hosted countless visitors over decades of fun and relaxation.
Casa del Sol is a charming 1 bedroom, 1 bath beach cottage featuring all the modern–day comforts of home. Comfy furnishings, two flat–screen cable TV’s, dedicated dining area, fully–equipped kitchen, Gas fireplace, ceiling fans, Wi-Fi and a washer and dryer are all included for your enjoyment.
The world–famous coastline and basking seals at La Jolla Cove are just steps away along with the wide grass expanse of Scripps Park. The Cove is also a part of the La Jolla Ecological Reserve, a 6000 acre protected zone featuring underwater canyons and a kelp forest. Numerous species of flora and fauna reside here along with an abundance of sea life including sea lions, dolphins and even whales during migrating seasons. With water visibility sometimes exceeding 30 feet, this is a very popular place for scuba, snorkeling and kayaking. You can spend hours and hours strolling along the ocean front walkway taking in all the sights and sounds of the ocean and its inhabitants.
Once you've had your fill of the beauty of the coast, Casa de Sol is just off Prospect Street, with a bustling mix of ocean–view restaurants, coffee shops, one–of–a–kind boutiques, art galleries, jewelry shops and romantic, old world hotels. The surrounding residential community is a charming mix of turn–of–the–century Spanish architecture, eccentric modern designs and everything in–between.
With its spectacular coastline, temperate climate and dramatic views, it's no wonder that La Jolla was one of the first San Diego neighborhoods to be settled and has since become home to some of the most prized and expensive real estate in the nation. Surrounded on three sides by the sea and backed by the steep slopes of Mt. Soledad, La Jolla has a Mediterranean feel and enjoys a unique microclimate which rarely drops below 50 degrees or exceeds 90 degrees. Come and see why this is one of the best locations to vacation in San Diego. We welcome you as our guest!
We have another cottage, Casa de las Olas, in the same location in case you have more in your group. Contact us for more details!
Call the Bluewater Vacation Homes team for help finding the perfect home for your group or for assistance planning your vacation to San Diego. Once you arrive, our guest services team is available 24/7 to ensure you have an exceptional experience.
Layout and Configuration
Sleeps a maximum of 4
- Bedroom 1 (master): queen bed (sleeps 2) with flat-screen TV and en suite bathroom with walk-in shower
- Living room with sleeper sofa (sleeps 2), flat-screen TV, gas fireplace, and water views
- Dining area with seating for 4
- Full kitchen with breakfast bar seating for 2
- Stairs leading down to beach
- Ready-made beds with freshly laundered linens
- 1 bath towel, hand towel and washcloth per guest
- 1 beach towel per guest
- Kitchen sponge, hand soap, dish soap and dishwasher soap
- 2 rolls of paper towels
- Kitchen trash bags
- Bathroom starter kit (per bath): hotel-style set of shampoo, conditioner, lotion and bath soap
- 2 rolls of toilet paper per bathroom
- Gas for BBQ grill
- Laundry detergent
General Household Amenities
- Not equipped with air conditioning
- Box fans for bedrooms
- In-home washer and dryer
- Iron and ironing board
- Hair dryer
- Gas BBQ grill
Please note: Bikes, beach chairs and toys are not included. Check out our partners for discounts on bike and beach rentals.
- Refrigerator, oven/stovetop, microwave and dishwasher
- Toaster, blender and coffee maker
- Cookware, dishes, cups, mugs and utensils
- BBQ grill utensils
Please note: Baggies, aluminum foil, etc. are not supplied.
- Street parking on Coast Blvd.
- Parking garage pass provided June-August (10min walk)/li>
- Limited additional street parking in neighborhood
La Jolla – known as “the Jewel of San Diego” – is one of the most sought-after vacation destinations in Southern California. Featuring a mild climate, breathtaking views and spectacular scenery, it’s well-known for surfing and popular family beaches perfect for a relaxing vacation. You’ll immediately feel like a local as La Jolla’s quaint cafés, restaurants and corner shops welcome you!
Catch some waves on a surfboard in Windansea Beach or head north to La Jolla Shores offering plenty of water activities such as stand-up paddleboarding, snorkeling and scuba diving along with guided kayak tours of the sea cliffs and caves at La Jolla Cove.
Distance to Popular San Diego Attractions
Approximate driving distance
- Balboa Park and Museums: 6 miles
- Belmont Park: 12.5 miles
- Gaslamp Quarter/Downtown San Diego: 13 miles
- La Jolla Cove: 0.2 miles
- LEGOLAND® California Resort: 26 miles
- Mount Soledad Veterans Memorial: 3 miles
- Old Town San Diego State Historic Park: 10 miles
- San Diego Zoo®: 14 miles
- San Diego Zoo® Safari Park: 32 miles
- SeaWorld® San Diego: 8 miles
- Seaport Village: 13 miles
- Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve: 7 miles
- USS Midway Museum: 13 miles
|Sep - 2020|
|Oct - 2020|
|Nov - 2020|
|Dec - 2020|
|Jan - 2021|
|Feb - 2021|
|Mar - 2021|
|Apr - 2021|
Please note: A government-issued ID and the credit card used at booking must be presented at check-in. Guest age requirement is 25+ unless children accompanied by parents. Parties, excess noise or violating maximum occupancy are prohibited and will result in immediate eviction with no refunds.
- 50% down; all balances are due 30 days prior to arrival
- City Occupancy Tax: 10.5%
- Departure Cleaning: $160
- Vacation Rental Damage Protection: $99
- Refundable security deposit amount dependent on number of occupants and length of stay
Arrival / Departure
- Check-in: 4:00 PM
- Check-out: 10:00 AM
Please note: We are unable to accommodate early check ins or late check outs during peak periods.
Furnishings and amenities are subject to change. No refunds given for any reason unless manager deems the home to be uninhabitable. All occupants and use of home must be approved by management, and reservations may be declined or canceled at management’s discretion. All rates are subject to change until finalization of reservation.