- Village of La Jolla, San Diego, California
- Steps to the Ocean and La Jolla Cove
- Close walking distance to shops and restaurants
- Detached Home
- Gas Fireplace with remote control
- Historic San Diego Beach Cottage
- Sunday – Sunday stays required mid-June through early-August
- Stairway required to access home for Coast Blvd. or Prospect St.
- Street Parking in off-season, Parking garage available during summer (10 minute walk)
- Queen bed + Living room sofa can be used as a twin-bed sized sleeping surface
- ID and credit card used at booking must be presented at check-in. Guest Age Requirement: 25+ unless children accompanied by parents
Good Neighbor Policy enforced: Noise disturbances, parties or over-occupancy will result in immediate eviction with no refunds. Please contact us in advance of booking to ensure this home is suitable for your group and planned use.
About This Home
La Jolla, known as the Jewel of San Diego, is a must see for anyone visiting Southern California, and if you want to stay in the middle of it all, this is the perfect vacation rental. Casa del Sol is one of 4 historic Beach Cottages built in the 1930’s and lined up along a stairway leading from Prospect Street to La Jolla Cove known as Ocean Lane. As La Jolla grew and developed around them, the cottages have retained the original charm and appeal that have hosted countless visitors over decades of fun and relaxation.
Casa del Sol is a charming 1 bedroom, 1 bath beach cottage featuring all the modern-day comforts of home. Comfy furnishings, two flat screen cable TV’s, dedicated dining area, fully-equipped kitchen, Gas fireplace, ceiling fans, Wi-Fi and a washer and dryer are all included for your enjoyment.
The world-famous coastline and basking seals at La Jolla Cove are just steps away along with the wide grass expanse of Scripps Park. The Cove is also a part of the La Jolla Ecological Reserve, a 6000 acre protected zone featuring underwater canyons and a kelp forest. Numerous species of flora and fauna reside here along with an abundance of sea life including sea lions, dolphins and even whales during migrating seasons. With water visibility sometimes exceeding 30 feet, this is a very popular place for scuba, snorkeling and kayaking. You can spend hours and hours strolling along the ocean front walkway taking in all the sights and sounds of the ocean and its inhabitants.
Once you've had your fill of the beauty of the coast, Casa de Sol is just off Prospect Street, with a bustling mix of ocean-view restaurants, coffee shops, one-of-a-kind boutiques, art galleries, jewelry shops and romantic, old world hotels. The surrounding residential community is a charming mix of turn-of-the-century Spanish architecture, eccentric modern designs and everything in-between.
With its spectacular coastline, temperate climate and dramatic views, it's no wonder that La Jolla was one of the first San Diego neighborhoods to be settled and has since become home to some of the most prized and expensive real estate in the nation. Surrounded on three sides by the sea and backed by the steep slopes of Mt. Soledad, La Jolla has a Mediterranean feel and enjoys a unique microclimate which rarely drops below 50 degrees or exceeds 90 degrees. Come and see why this is one of the best locations to vacation in San Diego. We welcome you as our guest!
We have another cottage, Casa de las Olas, in the same location in case you have more in your group. Contact us for more details!
- Stairs to Entry off Ocean Lane sidewalk
- Living room with sofa sleeping for two, ceiling fan, gas fireplace, flat-screen TV
- Dining Area with dining table for four
- Bathroom with a shower
- Full kitchen with gas range, mid-size fridge
- Master Suite with queen bed, ceiling fan and flat-screen TV
- Stack washer and dryer
At Bluewater Vacation Homes, our most important job is to help you find the perfect home for you and your group. Our vacation planners are local area experts and here to help you plan your activities to make the most of your stay. Once you arrive, we're available 24/7 to make sure you have an exceptional experience.
Please note: A government issued ID and credit card used at booking must be presented at check-in. This home is located in a high-density family neighborhood and is only suitable for quieter groups. Deposit forfeitures and evictions are strictly enforced for contract violations. Please make sure you are comfortable with these policies before booking with Bluewater.
Sleeping Accommodations (Sleeps up to 4 adults)
- Bedroom 1 - Master - Queen size bed - Sleeps up to 2
- Living Room – Full Size Sofa - Sleeps up to 2
- Master bathroom with a walk-in shower
Complimentary Guest Amenities
- Wi-Fi internet access
- Cable Television
- Ready-made beds with freshly laundered linens
- One bath towel, hand towel, and wash cloth per guest
- One Beach Towel per guest
- Kitchen sponge, Hand soap, Dish soap, Dishwasher soap
- Two rolls of paper towels
- Kitchen trash bags
- Bathroom starter kit (per bath): Hotel-style set of shampoo, conditioner, lotion and bath soap
- Two rolls of toilet paper per bathroom
- Propane for BBQ's
- Laundry detergent
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Kitchen stocked with cookware, glassware dinnerware and tableware
- General Household
- HDTV’s in Living Room and Bedroom
- Stack washer and dryer (outside)
- Box fan for bedroom
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Hair Dryer
- Wall-unit air-conditioner
- Refrigerator (mid-size)
- Coffee Maker
- Basic Cookware and Utensils
- Coffee mugs
- BBQ Utensils
- Please note: Spices, baggies, aluminum foil, etc. are not supplied by the owner
- No outdoor patio or dining
- Walk to shops and restaurants
- Walk to the beach
- Street parking on Coast Blvd.
- Parking garage pass provided June – August (10-minute walk)
Distance to Popular San Diego Attractions
- La Jolla Cove: Walk
- Village of La Jolla: Walk
- La Jolla Shores: 2.1 mi.
- Mt. Soledad Memorial: 2.9 mi.
- Pacific Beach: 3.6 mi.
- Mission Beach: 4.8 mi.
- Torrey Pines: 5.8 mi.
- Belmont Park: 6 mi.
- Old Town: 9.9 mi.
- SeaWorld San Diego: 11.2 mi.
- Balboa Park: 12.7 mi.
- Downtown/Gaslamp: 14 mi.
- San Diego Zoo: 15.4 mi.
- Coronado: 18.3 mi.
- Legoland: 28.5 mi.
- Safari Park: 31.7 mi.
|May - 2019|
|Jun - 2019|
|Jul - 2019|
|Aug - 2019|
|Sep - 2019|
|Oct - 2019|
|Nov - 2019|
|Dec - 2019|
City Occupancy Tax: 10.5%
Departure Cleaning: $160
Vacation Rental Damage Protection $99
Refundable Security Deposit May Apply
All balances due 60 days prior to arrival
Check-In: 4:00 PM
Check-Out: 10:00 AM
All rates and amenities are subject to change until rental agreements are approved by management. Any bookings less than 7 nights are subject to rate surcharges. Certain affiliate properties may require direct booking with the owner. Please see our terms and conditions and contact a reservation agent for more details.