- Mission Beach, San Diego, California
- Beautifully designed and constructed standalone home
- Prime location. Steps to the beach, bay, shops and dining
- Roof-top view patio with seating
- Private and luxurious with high-end finishes and appliances
- Two-car enclosed garage
- Smart TVs with Hulu Plus, HBO, Netflix and Amazon Prime Video
- Stairs required to access living area. Loft-style master bedroom
- Expensive finishes and surfaces, may not be suitable for young children
- No cable or broadcast channels. Streaming services instead.
- No smoking, pets, parties or excessive noise permitted.
- ID and credit card used at booking must be presented at check-in. Guest Age Requirement: 25+ unless children accompanied by parents.
- Enclosed courtyard with succulent garden
- Main entry
- Queen bedroom suite with flat screen TV and en suite bathroom with tub/shower
- Stack washer and dryer
- Two-car garage (see dimensions under Parking in Amenities section)
- Main living area with queen sofa sleeper, flat screen TV
- 1/2 bathroom
- Writing desk
- Kitchen island table with bar top seating for 5
- Open concept chef’s kitchen
- BBQ patio with pass-through window
- Master Loft with king bed and flat screen TV
- En suite bathroom with walk-in shower
- View balcony with stairway to rooftop patio
- Rooftop view patio with love seat and 2 barstools
About This Home
Looking to stay somewhere special for your next vacation? Look no further, you’ve found the Mission Beach Solstice, an amazing detached home located right in the middle of the most desirable part of Mission Beach. Situated on the strand right between the beach and bay, this unique vacation rental exudes a feeling of home no matter who you are or where you live.
This is not your typical beach house. From top to bottom and inside and out, the home was custom-built using the finest in natural materials to create a contemporary masterpiece.
The homeowner-builder traveled extensively in the US, Europe and Asia which provided the inspiration for this remarkable property. By combining diverse styles, such as the clean lines of Scandinavian architecture with the warm natural materials of Southeast Asian temples, the result achieved is a light, airy and welcoming space where you can't help but relax the moment you walk in the door. The extensive use of stone, concrete, metal and glass adds weight and drama, and then those materials are fused with a copious amount of custom woodwork throughout to lend warmth and life to the space. The diverse wood species used include oil-rubbed oak floors, expansive Douglas Fir window casings, rich mahogany doors and handrails and solid hardwood cabinetry. The use of extraordinary building materials continues with seafoam green travertine tile with embedded marine fossils, quartzite tile with marble details, tumbled glass inlays and colorful sandstone that is ever changing when interacting with sunlight and shadows.
Guests will also appreciate the Green building practices that were used, including the photovoltaic panels on the roof, energy efficient heat pump, and tankless water heater. A climate appropriate and drought tolerant garden uses agaves native to Mexico, aloes from southern Africa, and California-native echeveria succulents.
The attention to detail is everywhere. One-of-a-kind delights to discover include a surfboard over the staircase, made from a redwood spar reclaimed from a northern California water tower, a Douglas Fir orca totem made by a Native American chainsaw artist working alongside a Washington highway, and the large kitchen island/table handcrafted from sustainable and locally harvested eucalyptus. The kitchen table is a natural gathering place and it was deliberately placed at the center of the structure. It is the heart of the home and the lines of the dwelling radiate from there.
The open concept living floor on the main (2nd) level features a true gourmet kitchen where conversation around the table flows easily and whipping up your favorite dishes is a breeze. Chef’s will appreciate the induction cooktop with specialized cookware, the convection oven and a built-in gas BBQ with pass-through window. The kitchen’s custom-styled cabinetry is offset against a wall of back-painted glass accented with open shelving made of honed marble. The living area is just off the kitchen, and features stylish designer furnishings, including a queen sofa-sleeper and a large top-of-the-line flat-screen TV and sound system.
Downstairs on the ground level is a bedroom suite just off the entry equipped with a queen-size bed, flat screen TV and en suite bathroom with a tub/shower combination. The master bedroom loft is located on the 3rd level and comes with a king bed under vaulted ceilings and skylights, a flat screen TV, and a full en-suite bathroom with an oversize walk-in shower. Just off the master is a doorway to the patio that leads up to a small roof top patio, complete with panoramic views, loveseat and bar seating.
The location of this home is hard to beat. Just a few steps to the bay or the ocean and within close walking distance to a myriad of restaurants, pub, coffee shops, markets, surf shops, beach boutiques, water sports, beach and bike rentals and more! Just park your car in the garage. You won’t need it because everything is here!
This beautiful Mission Beach vacation rental is truly a unique and special retreat. Soak up the sun, watch the surfers and dolphins off shore, or take your morning stroll along the miles and miles of beach side or bay side boardwalks. It’s all here and waiting for you. We invite you to call our vacation planners to learn more!
At Bluewater Vacation Homes, our most important job is to help you find the perfect home for you and your group. Our vacation planners are local area experts and here to help you plan your activities to make the most of your stay. Once you arrive, we're available 24/7 to make sure you have an exceptional experience.
Please note: A government issued ID and credit card used at booking must be presented at check-in. This home is located in a high-density neighborhood and is not suitable for noisy groups. Deposit forfeitures and evictions are strictly enforced for noise or contract violations. Please make sure you are comfortable with these policies before booking with Bluewater.
Sleeping Accommodations (Sleeps a maximum of 6)
- Bedroom 1 - Master Loft – King size bed - Sleeps up to 2
- Bedroom 2 – Queen size bed - Sleeps up to 2
- Living Room –Queen size sofa sleeper – Sleeps up to 2
- Ground level bathroom with tub/shower
- Living level 1/2 bathroom
- Master bathroom with walk-in shower
Complimentary Guest Amenities
- WiFi internet access
- Ready-made beds with freshly laundered linens
- One bath towel, hand towel, and wash cloth per guest
- One Beach Towel per guest
- Kitchen sponge, Hand soap, Dish soap, Dishwasher soap
- Two rolls of paper towels
- Kitchen trash bags
- Bathroom starter kit: Hotel-style set of shampoo, conditioner, lotion and bath soap
- Two rolls of toilet paper per bathroom
- Gas for BBQ
- Laundry detergent
- No cable. Smart TVs with Hulu Plus, HBO, Netflix and Amazon Prime Video
- Stack in-home Washer and Dryer
- Box fans for bedrooms
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Hair Dryer
- Gas BBQ
- Coffee Maker
- Basic Cookware and Utensils
- Coffee mugs
- BBQ Utensils
Please note: Spices, baggies, aluminum foil, etc. are not supplied by the owner
- Panoramic view rooftop patio with love seat and 2 barstools
- Walk to restaurants and shops
- Walk to the beach and bay
- Two car garage
- Garage Dimensions: 15.5’ w opening x 19.5’ deep x 6’6” tall
- Garage can fit 2 small sedans or 1 midsize suv
- Limited additional street parking
Distance to Popular San Diego Attractions
- Crystal Pier 1 mi
- Belmont Amusement Park: 1 mi.
- Seaworld San Diego: 3 mi.
- La Jolla Cove: 5 mi
- Old Town San Diego: 5 mi
- San Diego Airport 7 mi
- Balboa Park and Museums: 8 mi.
- Torrey Pines State Reserve 14 mi.
- USS Midway Museum 9 mi.
- Downtown San Diego / Gaslamp : 9 mi
- San Diego Zoo: 11 mi.
- Torrey Pines 14 mi.
- Legoland: 33 mi.
- Safari Park: 35 mi.
|Dec - 2018|
|Jan - 2019|
|Feb - 2019|
|Mar - 2019|
|Apr - 2019|
|May - 2019|
|Jun - 2019|
|Jul - 2019|
Rates* Rates are subject to change without notice. Pricing excludes taxes, additional options and fees.
|Vacation Rental Standard Pricing||Sun||Mon||Tue||Wed||Thu||Fri||Sat||Weekly||Min Nights|
Please note: Government issued I.D. and the credit card used at booking must be presented at check-in. Any contract violations including parties, over occupancy or any noise that disturbs neighbors are prohibited and will result in immediate eviction with no refunds. Please make sure you are comfortable with these policies and our terms and conditions before renting with Bluewater Vacation Homes.
- Minimum 50% down and all balances are due 60 days prior to arrival
- City Occupancy Tax: 10.5%
- Departure Cleaning: $250
- Vacation Rental Damage Protection: $99
- Refundable security deposit amount dependent on number of occupants and length of stay
Arrival / Departure
- Check-In: 4:00 PM
- Check-Out: 10:00 AM
Click Here for Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for Rental Terms and Conditions
Furnishings and amenities are subject to change. No refunds given for any reason unless manager deems the home to be uninhabitable. All occupants and use of home must be approved by management and reservations may be declined or canceled at management's discretion. All rates are subject to change until finalization of reservation.