- Rooftop deck with hot tub and ocean views
- One house off the beach and close proximity to shops and restaurants
- Private courtyard space with dining area and ocean views
- Luxurious with high-end finishes and appliances
- There is a $2,500 security deposit due at booking. The deposit can be withheld for violation of any of the terms and conditions, specifically the terms related to our noise and good neighbor policy. See our rental terms and conditions for further details.
- Expensive finishes and surfaces; may not be suitable for young children
- Cable TV
- Smoking and Pets are not permitted
- Guest age requirement is 25+ unless accompanied by parents
- Parties, excess noise or violating maximum occupancy will result in eviction
- Please see the Notes section below for more information
Please note: A government-issued ID and the credit card used at booking must be presented at check-in.
Newly built in 2018, Wave Watcher is a rare standalone luxury home in one of the most desirable areas of Mission Beach. Just one home from the ocean, this location provides plenty of unobstructed ocean and beach views without being directly on the busy Mission Beach boardwalk.
Beautifully designed and constructed in the latest in contemporary design, this 4 bedroom, 3.5 bath luxury home is tastefully appointed with elegant touches of wood, stone, ceramics and stainless steel. Unlike the majority of vacation rentals in Mission Beach, you’ll find this home to be very spacious with high ceilings and generously sized bedrooms.
As you enter the home, you are welcomed into a beautifully appointed, contemporary space with soaring ceilings and a clean, elegant open concept design. Cantina–style doors and a low–slung, Italian leather sofa orientated toward an elongated built-in fireplace inset and impressive stacked–stone wall featuring an 80” flat-screen TV. The main living area features a true gourmet kitchen where conversation flows easily and whipping up your favorite dishes is a breeze. The custom–styled kitchen features a polished stone prep island and breakfast bar with stool seating, hardwood cabinetry and a commercial-grade Wolf range and Sub-Zero refrigerator. The dining area is conveniently situated between the kitchen and living room and makes the perfect place to share a meal with friends and family.
The ground level also features a queen bedroom with a ceiling fan, flat-screen TV and Cantina doors that open up wide to the exterior courtyard and ocean beyond. This level also features a convenient hall bath with a walk-in shower. Take the sleek wood and glass stairway up to the second level where the remaining bedrooms are located. The Master Suite is its own private retreat. Comforts include a plush California King bed with lie down ocean views, gas fireplace inset into a stacked stone wall, flat-screen TV, and folding Cantina doors that fully open up to bring the outdoors in and delivers the consummate Southern California beach living experience. The Master Bath is spacious with dual–sink vanity and a walk-in shower from where you can also see the ocean! Bedrooms 2 and 3 are also on this level featuring California King beds, ceiling fans and each with their own flat-screen TVs. There's also a convenient hall bath for this level with a dual-sink vanity and walk-in shower.
Head upstairs and you’ll find an ocean and beach view deck with pub tables and chairs, and if you take the stairs to the next level, you’ll land at the spacious rooftop deck. This space comes complete with an outdoor kitchen with Lynx barbecue & dining table where you can dine under the stars with the panoramic views of Mission Beach and coastal San Diego as a backdrop. As if that weren’t enough, there is a 6–person Jacuzzi spa that completes the true resort–living experience.
The beach and ocean are just steps away, incredible Mission Bay is a block away, and the Mission Beach boardwalk is at your doorstep and provides the pathway to fun and adventure all the way to Belmont Park to the south and Pacific Beach and Crystal Pier to the north.
This beautiful beachside retreat is truly a unique and special vacation rental. Soak up the sun, watch the surfers and dolphins offshore, or take your morning stroll along the water to take in the salty air and sounds of crashing waves. We invite you to call our vacation planners to learn more and see if this where you'll be spending your next vacation!
Call the Bluewater Vacation Homes team for help finding the perfect home for your group or for assistance planning your vacation to San Diego. Once you arrive, our guest services team is available 24/7 to ensure you have an exceptional experience.
Layout and Configuration
Sleeps a maximum of 8
- Enclosed courtyard with seating ocean view lounge seating
- Open concept living area with fireplace and 80” flat-screen TV
- Full-size kitchen with prep-island and seating for 3 and large dining area with seating for 8
- Full bathroom with walk-in shower
- Bedroom 4: queen-size bed (sleeps 2) with Cantina doors leading to a courtyard
- Bedroom 1 (master): ocean-view suite with Cal-King size bed (sleeps 2), flat-screen TV, fireplace and Cantina doors to the side balcony
- Master bath with dual-sink vanity and oversize walk-in shower
- Bedroom 2: Cal-King size bed (sleeps 2) with a flat-screen TV
- Full hall bath with dual sink vanity and walk-in shower
- Bedroom 3: Cal-King size bed (sleeps 2) with a flat-screen TV
- Oceanview sun deck with 2 Pub height dining tables
- Half bath for patio and roof deck
- Rooftop deck with sun chairs and amazing ocean views
- Dining table with seating for 6
- Outdoor kitchen with gas BBQ, fridge, and sink
- 6-person Jacuzzi tub
- Ready-made beds with freshly laundered linens
- 1 bath towel, hand towel and washcloth per guest
- 1 beach towel per guest
- Kitchen sponge, hand soap, dish soap and dishwasher soap
- 2 rolls of paper towels
- Kitchen trash bags
- Bathroom starter kit (per bath): hotel-style set of shampoo, conditioner, lotion and bath soap
- 2 rolls of toilet paper per bathroom
- Gas for BBQ grill
- Laundry detergent
General Household Amenities
- Cable TV
- Equipped with air conditioning
- Box fans for bedrooms
- In-home washer and dryer
- Iron and ironing board
- Gas BBQ grill
Please note: Bikes, beach chairs and toys are not included. Check out our partners for discounts on bike and beach rentals.
- Refrigerator, oven/stovetop, microwave and dishwasher
- Toaster, blender and coffee maker
- Cookware, dishes, cups, mugs and utensils
- BBQ grill utensils
Please note: Baggies, aluminum foil, etc. are not supplied.
- Enclosed garage space
- Garage dimensions: 15.5′ W x 19.5′D
- 2 small sedans or 1 midsize SUV
- Limited additional street parking
The location of this home is hard to beat. It’s just a few steps to the bay or the ocean, and within close walking distance to a myriad of restaurants, pubs, coffee shops, markets, surf shops, beach boutiques, water sports, beach and bike rentals and more! Just park your car in the garage – you won’t need it because everything is here!
Soak up the sun, watch the surfers and dolphins offshore, or take your morning stroll along the miles and miles of beachside or bayside boardwalks. It’s all here and waiting for you.
Distance to Popular San Diego Attractions
Approximate driving distance
- Balboa Park and Museums: 9 miles
- Belmont Park: 1.5 miles
- Gaslamp Quarter/Downtown San Diego: 10 miles
- La Jolla Cove: 5 miles
- LEGOLAND® California Resort: 29 miles
- Mount Soledad Veterans Memorial: 4 miles
- Old Town San Diego State Historic Park: 6 miles
- San Diego Zoo®: 11 miles
- San Diego Zoo® Safari Park: 36 miles
- SeaWorld® San Diego: 3 miles
- Seaport Village: 10 miles
- Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve: 11 miles
- USS Midway Museum: 10 miles
|Jan - 2021|
|Feb - 2021|
|Mar - 2021|
|Apr - 2021|
|May - 2021|
|Jun - 2021|
|Jul - 2021|
|Aug - 2021|
Please note: A government-issued ID and the credit card used at booking must be presented at check-in. Guest age requirement is 25+ unless children accompanied by parents. Parties, excess noise or violating maximum occupancy are prohibited and will result in immediate eviction with no refunds.
- 50% down; all balances are due 30 days prior to arrival
- City Occupancy Tax: 10.5%
- Departure Cleaning: $375
- Vacation Rental Damage Protection: $199
- Refundable security deposit amount dependent on number of occupants and length of stay
Arrival / Departure
- Check-in: 4:00 PM
- Check-out: 10:00 AM
Please note: We are unable to accommodate early check ins or late check outs during peak periods.
Furnishings and amenities are subject to change. No refunds given for any reason unless manager deems the home to be uninhabitable. All occupants and use of home must be approved by management, and reservations may be declined or canceled at management’s discretion. All rates are subject to change until finalization of reservation.