- Veranda with al–fresco dining and lounge area
- Amazing outdoor courtyard living area
- Beautiful in–ground spa with water feature
- Separate Casita
- Historic olde–world features
- 7 nights minimum rental period
- Equipped with air-conditioning
- Cable TVs
- Smoking is not permitted
- Dogs considered with additional fee and owner approval
- Guest age requirement is 25+ unless accompanied by parents
- Parties, excess noise or violating maximum occupancy will result in eviction
- Please see the Notes section below for more information
Please note: A government-issued ID and the credit card used at booking must be presented at check-in.
Villa California is a highly upgraded Mission Revival-style Villa in a gated, walled compound near the ocean and in the heart of the Village of La Jolla. This wonderful California-Spanish home has been recently renovated with respect for its original 1920's-era charm and character, but also beautifully updated with today’s exquisite finishes and luxuries including a designer kitchen, butler’s pantry, tastefully furnished bedroom suites and gleaming hardwood flooring. The beds are comfortable and plush and are outfitted with European duvets and high thread count freshly laundered linens.
Located in the heart of the Village, this vacation rental home is close to shops, restaurants, the Farmers' Market, La Jolla Cove, La Jolla Shores Beach and local oceanfront parks.The California-Spanish architecture also provides one of the most appealing features of this expansive home; spacious verandas for outdoor living and dining. Accessed through French doors, the covered verandas feature multiple lounging and al fresco dining, ocean and village views and the casita features an outdoor fireplace.
Call the Bluewater Vacation Homes team for help finding the perfect home for your group or for assistance planning your vacation to San Diego. We invite you to call our vacation planners and learn more about why Villa California is one of the most special vacation rentals in La Jolla! Once you arrive, our guest services team is available 24/7 to ensure you have an exceptional experience.
Layout and Configuration
Sleeps a maximum of 8
- Courtyard entry way
- Spacious living room with hardwood flooring, stone fireplace, and flat-screen TV
- Formal dining room with seating for 6 to 8
- Open kitchen, with stainless steel appliances, dual stoves, with French doors accessiing the Veranda
- Outdoor veranda with additional dining for 4 and lounge area
- Garden area with built–in BBQ grill, dining area, loung area, and full spa with water feature
- Bedroom 1 (master): king bed (sleeps 2), large suite with seating area, and en suite bath with vintage clawfoot bathtub and walk–in shower
- Private outdoor balcony off master bath with couch area
- Bedroom 2: king bed (sleeps 2), with flat–screen TV, and en suite bathroom with soaking tub
- Bedroom 3: full bed (sleeps 2), with access to balcony
- Reading nook with seating area
- Full bathroom with open walk–in shower
- Ready-made beds with freshly laundered linens
- 1 bath towel, hand towel and washcloth per guest
- 1 beach towel per guest
- Kitchen sponge, hand soap, dish soap and dishwasher soap
- 2 rolls of paper towels
- Kitchen trash bags
- Bathroom starter kit (per bath): hotel-style set of shampoo, conditioner, lotion and bath soap
- 2 rolls of toilet paper per bathroom
- Gas for BBQ grill
- Laundry detergent
General Household Amenities
- Cable TVs
- Equipped with air conditioning
- Box fans for bedrooms
- In-home washer and dryer
- Iron and ironing board
- Hair dryer
- Gas BBQ grill
Please note: Bikes, beach chairs and toys are not included. Check out our partners for discounts on bike and beach rentals.
- Refrigerator, oven/stovetop, microwave and dishwasher
- Toaster, blender and coffee maker
- Cookware, dishes, cups, mugs and utensils
- BBQ grill utensils
Please note: Baggies, aluminum foil, etc. are not supplied.
- 2-car driveway space
- Limited additional street parking
La Jolla – known as “the Jewel of San Diego” – is one of the most sought-after vacation destinations in Southern California. Featuring a mild climate, breathtaking views and spectacular scenery, it’s well-known for surfing and popular family beaches perfect for a relaxing vacation. You’ll immediately feel like a local as La Jolla’s quaint cafés, restaurants and corner shops welcome you!
Catch some waves on a surfboard in Windansea Beach or head north to La Jolla Shores offering plenty of water activities such as stand-up paddleboarding, snorkeling and scuba diving along with guided kayak tours of the sea cliffs and caves at La Jolla Cove.
Distance to Popular San Diego Attractions
Approximate driving distance
- Balboa Park and Museums: 13 miles
- Belmont Park: 11 miles
- Gaslamp Quarter/Downtown San Diego: 13 miles
- La Jolla Cove: 0.5 miles
- LEGOLAND® California Resort: 26 miles
- Mount Soledad Veterans Memorial: 3 miles
- Old Town San Diego State Historic Park: 9 miles
- San Diego Zoo®: 14 miles
- San Diego Zoo® Safari Park: 31 miles
- SeaWorld® San Diego: 9 miles
- Seaport Village: 13 miles
- Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve: 6 miles
- USS Midway Museum: 13 miles
|May - 2019|
|Jun - 2019|
|Jul - 2019|
|Aug - 2019|
|Sep - 2019|
|Oct - 2019|
|Nov - 2019|
|Dec - 2019|
Please note: A government-issued ID and the credit card used at booking must be presented at check-in. Guest age requirement is 25+ unless children accompanied by parents. Parties, excess noise or violating maximum occupancy are prohibited and will result in immediate eviction with no refunds.
Please note: Spa heat is complimentary.
- 50% down; all balances are due 60 days prior to arrival
- City Occupancy Tax: 10.5%
- Departure Cleaning: $450
- Vacation Rental Damage Protection: $198
- Refundable security deposit amount dependent on number of occupants and length of stay
- Pets permitted at this property with a non-refundable $100 fee for each pet; number, size and breed restrictions apply, must be pre-approved by owner
Arrival / Departure
- Check-in: 4:00 PM
- Check-out: 10:00 AM
Please note: We are unable to accommodate early check ins or late check outs during peak periods.
Furnishings and amenities are subject to change. No refunds given for any reason unless manager deems the home to be uninhabitable. All occupants and use of home must be approved by management, and reservations may be declined or canceled at management’s discretion. All rates are subject to change until finalization of reservation.