Please Note: This home is on the market, contact us prior to booking
- La Jolla, San Diego, California
- Unobstructed whitewater ocean views to La Jolla Shores Beach and beyond
- 6100 Square feet
- Gated and private
- All bedrooms feature TV's and private bathrooms
- 4 out of 5 bedrooms feature ocean-views
- Pool and spa with pool house
- Outdoor seating with fire feature
- Three-level home with stairs to access
- Not equipped with air-conditioning
- No smoking on the premises, pets not allowed on the upstairs bedroom level
- Guest Age Requirement: 25+ unless children accompanied by parents. ID must be presented at check-in
- Good Neighbor Policy enforced: Noise, parties or over-occupancy will result in eviction with no refunds
About This Home
This magnificent 5-bedroom, 7.5-bath Mediterranean-style home is situated on the highest point along the San Diego coastline, offering the best views of gorgeous ocean sunsets, La Jolla Shores, Torrey Pines, and Del Mar Beaches, and northern San Diego all the way to the San Bernardino mountains on clear days. It features secluded terraces and gardens surrounded by fruit trees and fountains, as well as a back terrace with sweeping views for entertaining with barbecue, pool, jacuzzi spa, and separate pool house with wet bar, full bath, and changing room.
Each of the five bedrooms come with a full en-suite bath, flat-screen TV, and walk-in closet. The master bedroom and bath are spacious, convenient, and beautiful - ideal for anyone who plans to host a bridal or other party preparing for a special event.
This gated Spanish villa is situated on a large lot on the top of Mt. Soledad, in the La Jolla neighborhood of San Diego, California. It features classic Spanish Villa appointments such as Saltillo tile flooring, tile roof, elegant wrought iron railings inside and out and beautiful gardens and terraces with fruit trees and flowers surrounding the house. This residence is gated and offers a great deal of privacy for guests. There is a three-car garage and the gated driveway fits 3+ additional cars. There is ample additional street parking. As you enter the property, you are greeted with lush landscaping and a water fountain that leads you through graceful archways to the front door. The main floor features a living room with ocean views off the entryway with sofa seating and a gas-burning fireplace, and an adjacent 10-person ocean-view dining area. Just off the dining area is the kitchen, equipped with all the basics needed to prepare your favorite meals. There is an ocean-view breakfast table with seating for 4 and adjacent breakfast bar for 3 more. Just off the kitchen is a family room with comfy sectional seating, another gas fire place, ocean-views, and a large flat-screen TV. The main floor also has a half-bath and a wet bar by the living room.
Step outside the main living area onto a spacious veranda equipped with an outdoor dining table for 4 along with sofa seating and an outdoor fireplace feature. From here, you can see forever with spectacular views of the ocean, coastline and city lights. Just below the veranda is the pool-deck with a full-size swimming pool, in-ground spa and pool house with full bathroom and wet bar where you can relax, play and kick back sipping your drink of choice on one of the loungers.
There are 5 full-size bedrooms and all have TV’s with their own bathrooms. The Master Suite is on the main level, and the remaining bedrooms are on the second level. The spacious Master Suite features hardwood flooring, a flat-screen TV, sofa, access to the veranda as well as down views from the comfy king-size bed. The huge Master Bathroom features a stone flooring, a large soaking tub and walk-in shower.
On the upper level, Bedroom II features ocean views, a flat-screen TV and comes with 2 queen beds that accommodate up to 4 guests. The en-suite bathroom has a tub/shower combination. Bedroom III and IV both feature ocean views, flat-screen TV’s and each comes with a queen bed and twin bed that accommodate up to 3 guests. The en-suite bathrooms that each have tub/shower combinations. Bedroom V features a flat-screen TV and a king bed that accommodates up to 2 guests. It has especially good sound insulation from the rest of the house, with double door closure from the hallway, for any light sleepers. The en-suite bathroom has a tub/shower combination.
On the bottom level there is a game room with a full-size pool table and card table, and a full bathroom with shower.
This serene La Jolla sanctuary is an ideal San Diego vacation rental and an memorable place to call your home away from home!
We invite you to contact one of Bluewater’s friendly vacation planners to learn more!
1st Floor Layout
- Living room
- Family room
- Dining room, seating for 10
- Kitchen, dine in seating for 4 and bar seating for 4
- Master Bedroom: King Bed, en-suite bath with soaking tub and walk in shower, seating area.
- Powder bathroom
- Ocean view patio with outdoor dining for 4, seating for 6+ around a fire feature.
- Access to pool and spa on lower level, stairs lead to pool.
2nd Floor Layout
- Bedroom II: 2 Queen beds, en-suite bath with tub/shower combo, ocean view, flat-screen TV
- Bedroom III: Queen bed and twin bed, en-suite bath with tub/shower combo, ocean view, flat-screen TV
- Bedroom IV: Queen bed and twin bed, en-suite bath with tub/shower combo, ocean view, flat-screen TV
- Bedroom V: King bed, en-suite bath with tub/shower combo, flat-screen TV
Pool Level Layout
- Pool, heat additional cost
- Spa, heat included
- Chaise lounge seating for 4
- Pool house with full bathroom with shower, wet bar with sink and fridge
- Game room: Pool table, card table and bathroom with shower
Please note: Government issued ID and booking credit card must be presented before check in. No pets and no smoking allowed.Our rental agreement includes a no tolerance policy regarding noise that disturbs neighbors, over occupancy and/or parties. Deposit forfeitures and/or evictions are strictly enforced. Please make sure you are comfortable with these policies before booking with Bluewater.
- Master Suite: King bed - sleeps up to 2
- Bedroom 2: 2 Queen beds - sleeps up to 4
- Bedroom 3: Queen bed and twin bed - sleeps up to 3
- Bedroom 4: Queen bed and twin bed - sleeps up to 3
- Bedroom 5: King bed - sleeps up to 2
Complimentary Home Stocking Items
- Ready-made beds with freshly laundered linens
- One bath towel, hand towel, and wash cloth per guest
- One Beach Towel per guest
- Kitchen starter kit: hand soap, sponge, dish soap, dishwasher soap, a roll of paper towels, and trash bags (Note: spices, baggies, foil, etc are not supplied.)
- Bathroom starter kit: Hotel-style set of bath soap, shampoo, conditioner, and two rolls of toilet paper per bathroom
- Laundry detergent
- All bedrooms are mini-suites, with en-suite baths
- Smart TV’s in all bedrooms
- Hair Dryer
- Wi-Fi internet access
- Iron and Ironing Board
- BBQ grill
- Pool table and card table
- Bikes, beach chairs and toys are not included; however, Bluewater has arranged discounts with local providers that can deliver custom orders based on your specific needs. Ask your vacation planner for details!
- Oven and Range
- Microwave Oven
- Coffee Maker
- Basic Cookware and Utensils
- Dish ware
- Coffee mugs
- Front Courtyard with fountain
- Veranda with lounge seating
- Pool and spa with lounges
- Ocean view fire pit and seating
- Outdoor dining table
- 3-Car Enclosed Garage
- Parking for 4 vehicles in the gated driveway
- Plenty of street parking
Nearby Attractions (Driving distance - Times are approximate)
- Mount Soledad Veterans Memorial: Walk
- La Jolla Shores Beach: 2.6 mi.
- Windansea Beach: 2.7 mi.
- Village if La Jolla 3 mi.
- Pacific Beach: 3.2 mi.
- La Jolla Cove: 3.5 mi.
- Belmont Park / The Wave House: 5.5 mi.
- Sea World San Diego: 6 mi.
- Torrey Pines State Reserve: 8.2 mi.
- Old Town: 10 mi.
- Balboa Park: 13 mi.
- Gaslamp / Downtown San Diego 13.1 mi
- San Diego International Airport 14.1 mi.
- San Diego Zoo: 15 mi.
- Legoland: 25.6 mi.
- Safari Park: 32 mi.
|Jul - 2020|
|Aug - 2020|
|Sep - 2020|
|Oct - 2020|
|Nov - 2020|
|Dec - 2020|
|Jan - 2021|
|Feb - 2021|
- Minimum of 50% due upon booking, all balances due 60 days prior to the arrival date
- City Occupancy Tax: 10.5% on rentals under one month
- Departure Cleaning: $410
- Vacation Rental Damage Protection $149
- Refundable Security Deposit Required
- Check-In: 4:00 p.m.
- Check-Out: 10:00 a.m.
Click here for FAQ's
Furnishings and amenities are subject to change. All occupants and use of home must be approved by management and reservations may be declined or canceled at management's discretion. All rates are subject to change until finalization of reservation. Please make sure to read the contract terms and conditions closely and are comfortable with these policies before booking a reservation with Bluewater Vacation Homes. Please contact us for more details.