- Exclusive oceanfront location
- Indoor/outdoor living spaces
- Pool, spa and fire pit with ocean views
- Rooftop sun deck
- Butler and full concierge services available
- Expensive finishes and surfaces; may not be suitable for young children
- Cable TV
- Equipped with air conditioning
- Smoking and Pets not permitted
- Guest age requirement is 25+ unless accompanied by parents
- Parties, excess noise or violating maximum occupancy will result in eviction
- Please see the Notes section below for more information
Please note: A government-issued ID and the credit card used at booking must be presented at check-in.
Sunset Pointe in La Jolla captures the quintessential Southern California lifestyle in this refined and elegantly styled home with luxurious furniture and finishes beautifully matched with only the finest materials. At nearly 4,000 sq. ft., this light-filled home has indoor/outdoor living spaces that connect to spectacular scenic views.
Upon entering the front courtyard, you’ll be greeted by a lush landscape and sunny patio with an outdoor dining table. From there, the artistic glass front doors open up to a hallway that leads straight to the ocean. Warm colors and beautiful hardwood floors off set the azure background and create the mood for instant relaxation. Step outside the oversized sliding glass doors and feel the cool ocean breezes on the oceanfront veranda framed by the extraordinary glass and wood-framed deck above. This is the place you’ll spend your time gazing out over the blue Pacific Ocean. You’ll be treated to surfers and dolphins playing in the waves during the day and spectacular sunsets in the evenings. Turn your gaze south and you’ll see Crystal Pier in the distance, all the way to Point Loma and beyond.
From the master bedroom, step through the floor to ceiling sliding glass doors onto an incredible ocean view deck made of bullet proof glass flooring that will make you feel like you are floating above the terrace below and the ocean beyond! Off the guest suite is a bistro set overlooking the pool, spa and ocean. It’s the perfect place to enjoy a morning cup of coffee watching the waves. Head down the spiral staircase to the pool deck where you can take a dip in the waterfall lap pool, or soak in the spa and unwind while listening to the nearby ocean waves.
This one-of-a-kind vacation rental is perfect for a romantic getaway or couple’s retreat. We invite you to experience the unparalleled peaceful tranquility of Sunset Pointe.
Call the Bluewater Vacation Homes team for help finding the perfect home for your group or for assistance planning your vacation to San Diego. Once you arrive, our guest services team is available 24/7 to ensure you have an exceptional experience.
Layout and Configuration
Sleeps a maximum of 6
- Gated courtyard with outdoor dining
- Full bathroom with walk-in shower
- Dining room with seating for 6
- Kitchen with breakfast bar
- Living room with HDTV and fireplace
- Dining nook with seating for 4
- Oceanfront veranda with lounge seating
- Pool, spa, fire pit and BBQ grill
- Bedroom 1 (master suite): king bed (sleeps 2) with HDTV, fireplace, en suite bathroom with jetted tub and walk-in shower, walk-in closet and ocean view deck with loungers
- Bedroom 2: king bed (sleeps 2) with ocean view deck
- Bedroom 3 (suite): queen bed (sleeps 2) with HDTV, en suite bathroom with walk-in shower, sofa and bistro set
- Hall bathroom with walk-in shower
- Ready-made beds with freshly laundered linens
- 1 bath towel, hand towel and washcloth per guest
- 1 beach towel per guest
- Kitchen sponge, hand soap, dish soap and dishwasher soap
- 2 rolls of paper towels
- Kitchen trash bags
- Bathroom starter kit (per bath): hotel-style set of shampoo, conditioner, lotion and bath soap
- 2 rolls of toilet paper per bathroom
- Gas for BBQ grill
- Laundry detergent
General Household Amenities
- Cable TV
- Equipped with air-conditioning
- Box fans for bedrooms
- In-home washer and dryer
- Iron and ironing board
- Hair dryer
- Gas BBQ grill
Please note: Bikes, beach chairs and toys are not included. Check out our partners for discounts on bike and beach rentals.
- Refrigerator, oven/stovetop, microwave and dishwasher
- Toaster, blender and coffee maker
- Cookware, dishes, cups, mugs and utensils
- BBQ grill utensils
Please note: Spices, baggies, aluminum foil, etc. are not supplied.
- 2 driveway spaces
La Jolla – known as “the Jewel of San Diego” – is one of the most sought-after vacation destinations in Southern California. Featuring a mild climate, breathtaking views and spectacular scenery, it’s well-known for surfing and popular family beaches perfect for a relaxing vacation. You’ll immediately feel like a local as La Jolla’s quaint cafés, restaurants and corner shops welcome you!
Catch some waves on a surfboard in Windansea Beach or head north to La Jolla Shores offering plenty of water activities such as stand-up paddleboarding, snorkeling and scuba diving along with guided kayak tours of the sea cliffs and caves at La Jolla Cove.
Local Tips from the Homeowner
Where to purchase groceries
Gelson’s Market is great and you can almost walk there it’s so close.
Places we like to eat
La Jolla has so many choices, but we always seem to end up at the same places due to food and atmosphere. In the Village, try Piatti for Italian (we usually eat at the bar), Eddie V’s Prime Seafood and steak (we like the great view in the upstairs lounge), Ocean Terrace at George’s (awesome roof top ocean view), Herringbone, Duke’s (another great view), Whisknladle, and Catania.
In Bird Rock, we walk to Lupi for Italian and Beaumont’s for live music, and Wheat and Water. It’s a short drive to The Promiscuous Fork. For a delicious morning coffee, try Bird Rock Coffee Roasters.
In Pacific Beach, we like the restaurant at the TOWER23 Hotel and Isabel’s Cantina (we go for breakfast).
Things we like to do
Bike Ride – There are paths and boardwalks from the house to downtown Ocean Beach and beyond. Bike from the house along the coast to The Village, or bike the paths that wrap around Mission Bay and the parks. We also like riding from the house on the bike path to the top of Mount Soledad. The Rose Canyon trail is really nice too. In addition, there’s great mountain biking on the east of I-5 along the south side of Hwy 52.
Hikes and Jogging – We enjoy hiking and jogging from the house to Windansea or The Village, Kate Sessions Park and trail, Scripps Coastal Reserve, La Jolla Trail at La Jolla Farms, Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve and La Jolla Natural Park. We also enjoy a beach walk or run from the house to the jetty at the end of Mission Beach.
Ocean – We surf, SUP, kayak and kite surf. For golf, we usually end up at Torrey Pines.
Shopping – There’s plenty of shopping. Westfield UTC is very cool and has some great food and beverage options.
Distance to Popular San Diego Attractions
Approximate driving distance
- Balboa Park and Museums: 11 miles
- Belmont Park: 3 miles
- Gaslamp Quarter/Downtown San Diego: 11 miles
- La Jolla Cove: 4 miles
- LEGOLAND® California Resort: 30 miles
- Mount Soledad Veterans Memorial: 3 miles
- Old Town San Diego State Historic Park: 7 miles
- San Diego Zoo®: 11 miles
- San Diego Zoo® Safari Park: 38 miles
- SeaWorld® San Diego: 3 miles
- Seaport Village: 10 miles
- Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve: 11 miles
- USS Midway Museum: 10 miles
|Aug - 2020|
|Sep - 2020|
|Oct - 2020|
|Nov - 2020|
|Dec - 2020|
|Jan - 2021|
|Feb - 2021|
|Mar - 2021|
Please note: A government-issued ID and the credit card used at booking must be presented at check-in. Guest age requirement is 25+ unless children accompanied by parents. Parties, excess noise or violating maximum occupancy are prohibited and will result in immediate eviction with no refunds.
- 50% down; all balances are due 30 days prior to arrival
- City Occupancy Tax: 10.5%
- Departure Cleaning: $360
- Vacation Rental Damage Protection: $149
- Refundable security deposit amount dependent on number of occupants and length of stay
Please note: Spa heat is complimentary; pool heat is an additional $100 a day and must be purchased at a 3-night minimum. If you want to purchase pool heat, please notify us 7 days prior to your arrival as it takes 12–24 hours to heat up to maximum temperature.
Arrival / Departure
- Check-in: 4:00 PM
- Check-out: 10:00 AM
Please note: We are unable to accommodate early check ins or late check outs during peak periods.
Furnishings and amenities are subject to change. No refunds given for any reason unless manager deems the home to be uninhabitable. All occupants and use of home must be approved by management, and reservations may be declined or canceled at management’s discretion. All rates are subject to change until finalization of reservation.