COVID-19 Guest Information
San Diego’s Current Status
Visitors staying in a vacation rental or in San Diego's coastal communities of Mission Beach, Pacific Beach, and La Jolla will be happy to know that parks, beaches, boardwalks, are open.
On Nov. 10, 2020, the state moved San Diego County into Tier 1, also known as Purple Tier, of the state’s COVID-1 risk levels. This means the public is encouraged to wear masks in public, practice social distancing, restrictions are in effect on a variety of businesses and activities, and travel is discouraged unless essential. On Monday, January 25, 2021, the recent stay-at-home order was lifted and outdoor dining has resumed. For the most current San Diego information, click here: Status of San Diego.
If you have or are planning to reserve a home, please note that we are not able to offer refunds due to COVID-19 issues or travel restrictions (refer to your agreement or see the cancellation policies below). Cancel for any reason trip insurance is available and is highly recommended. Please contact guest services for more information.
San Diego Safe Traveler Pledge
Bluewater joins the San Diego Tourism Authority in welcoming visitors back to San Diego, and we encourage everyone in your group to take a pledge for a safe visit to keep you and our community healthy.
- Maintain at least 6 feet of distance when in public spaces
- Wear a mask or cloth face-covering in public
- Keep up to date with all local orders or restrictions
- Follow CDC guidelines and wash hands frequently for at least 20 seconds
- Be patient and kind with staff at businesses as we are doing our best to serve the public safely.
More than ever, we would like to thank our wonderful guests for their continued trust, support, and loyalty. As part of our commitment to our guests, Bluewater Vacation Homes is constantly monitoring state and local developments and updating our cleaning, booking & cancelation policies to offer our guests flexibility and faith in booking one of our Airbnbs and vacation rentals. We do ask that anyone staying in our homes are mindful of proximity to neighboring homes or common areas, community restrictions, and keep travel in family groups to avoid the risk of transmission to others.
Our dedicated and highly trained staff is well-prepared to provide you and your group with clean and comfortable accommodations and because we are locally based and just minutes from our homes, we can control all cleanings and preparations. Your safety and peace of mind are paramount, and we take our responsibility seriously.
In order to encourage our guests to comfortably book with peace of mind, Bluewater offers the following:
Commitment to Cleanliness
• Cleaning and Sanitizing - Our housekeepers are very thorough in how they clean and prepare our homes. Our housekeeping and sanitation procedures are meant to give you, our guest, peace of mind when choosing to stay in Bluewater Vacation Home.
• Bedding – All of our linens are laundered pre-arrival. Upon every departure, linens are stripped from all beds, professionally laundered, and beds are re-made with fresh linens.
• Towels – Our towels are also professionally laundered and one set of bath, hand and washcloth available per guest.
• Cleaning Products – Our housekeeping team utilizes high-quality cleaning chemicals to properly clean and then sanitize high-touch areas using disinfectants.
Minimized Contact between Our Team Members and Our Guests
• Keyless Entry and Direct Check-in - Most of our homes offer keyless entry and remote check-ins, so you don’t have to come to an office. We do require checking identification upon arrival, but that can be accomplished via social distancing without touch.
• Maintenance - In order to protect our team and our guests, we will refrain from entering homes with guests in the house except for emergencies. Routine maintenance or repairs will be deferred until after check-out unless there is the potential to bring harm to a person or damage to the property if not addressed immediately.
Modified Cancelation Policies
We want you to feel comfortable moving ahead with your vacation plans, so we have relaxed our cancellation policies for stays less than 2 weeks.
• Cancellations – 30+ days prior to arrival, you will receive a 100% refund less a 3% processing fee. Cancellations less than 30 and more than 15 days prior will receive a 50% refund and less than 15 days will be non-refundable except for cleaning and damage protection fees which are refunded 100%.
• Travel Protection – Guests can purchase trip Insurance upon booking that covers 100% of the reservation if you or someone in your group gets sick and can’t travel, or if you choose the Cancel for Any Reason protection, you will receive a 75% refund up to two days prior to arrival no matter what the reason. Click here for details.
Please note there are no refunds for cancellations for reasons related to COVID-19 or travel restrictions. We highly recommend cancellation insurance. If you have questions or are uncertain, please give us a call or email and we will do our best to help find what works for you.
We’re counting on this summer in San Diego to be a great one. Let us help you plan a vacation in a San Diego Airbnb that will be one to remember! Give us a call at 858-605-1497 or email [email protected] and one of our helpful team members will be happy to answer any questions and find you just the right place for you and your group.