COVID-19 Guest Information
San Diego’s Current Status
As of June 30, 2020, San Diego has satisfied the new metrics set by the state of California to advance into Phase 3, which allows further reopening of business, beaches, and parks. Visitors to Mission Beach, Pacific Beach, and La Jolla will be happy to learn that San Diego parks & beaches and boardwalks are open. Larger attractions such as The San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld San Diego, Legoland California, the USS Midway remain closed. Grocery stores are open, restaurants are open with limited capacity. Home delivery from restaurants and grocery stores are available.
Current San Diego reopening information: Status of San Diego Reopening.
While San Diego has an overall low infection rate by population, there has been an increase in new cases in California that have prompted the closures of bars, wineries, and breweries where food is not a main part of the menu. Starting July 1, other businesses that serve food and alcohol will require that customers purchasing alcohol on- site must also purchase food, and both drinks and food must be consumed sitting down.
Social distancing is required as well as masks when in public and in businesses and most indoor settings. There are several exceptions, including for outdoor recreation and exercise such as walking, hiking, running or bicycling as long as people can stay at least six feet apart from others. If not, masks should be worn. There are also exceptions for children under 2, people with medical conditions that prevent them from wearing a mask, people who are hearing impaired, or communicate with people who are hearing impaired. and people receiving treatments on their nose and mouth. While at restaurants people don't have to wear masks when they are eating and drinking as long as they are six feet away from others. If you or your guests need additional masks, please contact us.
More than ever, we would like to thank our wonderful guests for their continued trust, support, and loyalty. As part of our commitment to our guests, Bluewater Vacation Homes is constantly monitoring state and local developments and updating our cleaning, booking & cancelation policies to offer our guests flexibility and faith in booking one of our vacation rentals.
Our dedicated and highly trained staff is well-prepared to provide you and your group with clean and comfortable accommodations and because we are locally based and just minutes from our homes, we can control all cleanings and preparations. Your safety and peace of mind are paramount, and we take our responsibility seriously.
In order to encourage our guests to comfortably book with peace of mind, Bluewater offers the following:
Commitment to Cleanliness
• Cleaning and Sanitizing - Our housekeepers are very thorough in how they clean and prepare our homes. Our housekeeping and sanitation procedures are meant to give you, our guest, peace of mind when choosing to stay in Bluewater Vacation Home.
• Bedding – All of our linens are laundered pre-arrival. Upon every departure, linens are stripped from all beds, professionally laundered, and beds are re-made with fresh linens.
• Towels – Our towels are also professionally laundered and one set of bath, hand and washcloth available per guest.
• Cleaning Products – Our housekeeping team utilizes high-quality cleaning chemicals to properly clean and then sanitize high-touch areas using disinfectants.
Minimized Contact between Our Team Members and Our Guests
• Keyless Entry and Direct Check-in - Most of our homes offer keyless entry and remote check-ins, so you don’t have to come to an office. We do require checking identification upon arrival, but that can be accomplished via social distancing without touch.
• Maintenance - In order to protect our team and our guests, we will refrain from entering homes with guests in the house except for emergencies. Routine maintenance or repairs will be deferred until after check-out unless there is the potential to bring harm to a person or damage to the property if not addressed immediately.
Modified Cancelation Policies
We want you to feel comfortable moving ahead with your summer plans. Typically, our reservations are non-refundable within 60 days of your arrival. Due to the uncertainty, we are modifying this policy for all bookings made after May 8, 2020, for stays less than 2 weeks occurring between May 8, 2020, and September 30, 2020.
• Cancelations – 30+ days prior to arrival, you will receive a 100% refund less a 3% processing fee. Cancelations less than 30 and more than 15 days prior will receive a 50% refund and less than 15 days will be non-refundable except for cleaning and damage protection fees which are refunded 100%.
• Trip Insurance – Guests can purchase trip Insurance upon booking that covers 100% of the reservation if you or someone in your group gets sick and can’t travel, or if you choose to Cancel for Any Reason Trip Insurance, you will receive a 75% refund up to two days prior to arrival no matter what the reason.
If you have questions or are uncertain, please give us a call or email and we will do our best to help find what works for you.
We’re counting on this summer in San Diego to be a great one. Let us help you plan a vacation to remember! Give us a call at 858-605-1497 or email [email protected] and one of our helpful team members will be happy to answer any questions and find you just the right place for you and your group.