- Oceanfront on the Mission Beach boardwalk
- 4 ocean view decks
- Floor to ceiling windows
- Private fire pit on the side deck
- 2-car tandem garage with Tesla charging station
- 3-level town home; stair access required
- Equipped with air-conditioning
- Cable TVs
- Smoking and Pets not permitted
- Guest age requirement is 25+ unless accompanied by parents
- Parties, excess noise or violating maximum occupancy will result in eviction
- Please see the Notes section below for more information
Please note: A government-issued ID and the credit card used at booking must be presented at check-in.
California Coastal Retreat is a beautifully designed vacation rental in San Diego, right on the ocean in Mission Beach. Perched on the beachfront Mission Beach boardwalk, this impeccably designed and furnished home is reminiscent of a Cape Cod beach house. This home is purpose-built as a vacation rental and features top-quality finishes and architecture designed to take full advantage of the spectacular ocean and coastal vistas outside. California Coastal Retreat exudes designer style with a generous helping of charm from a traditional beach house.
Guests of this home will appreciate the care and detail that went into the design and finishes of this incredible oceanfront home. The architect’s abundant use of glass creates an open and airy feel that lets in plenty of San Diego’s famous sunshine. The indoor/outdoor living spaces include stylish furnishings for comfort and relaxation. The home features hardwood flooring and custom white woodwork throughout.
The ground level entrance is set up as a mini suite offering an oceanfront bedroom with a queen bed, flat-panel TV and full bathroom with a marble-tiled, glass walk-in shower, and an ocean view sitting room with a flat-panel TV, wet bar, fridge/freezer and dishwasher. The sitting area has paneled glass doors that fold open to a private beachfront deck with gated access to the boardwalk and beach.
The 2nd level features the main living area with an open concept floor plan including the living room, kitchen and dining room. The kitchen features beautiful white marble countertops, top-of-the-line stainless steel appliances and white solid hardwood cabinetry with stacked stone backsplashes. Just off the kitchen is the living area with sit down ocean views, comfortable furnishings and a flat-panel TV. Adjacent to the living area is a spectacular dining area situated directly in front of the beach. This is an amazing space and you will find yourself getting lost in the beauty of the ocean and may even spot dolphins playing in the surf!
From the living area, there is another set of paneled glass doors that fold back and open up to an oceanfront deck outfitted with sofas, a coffee table and glass panel railings for unobstructed beachfront views. This is the perfect place to toast to the gorgeous sunset over the Pacific Ocean.
The 2nd bedroom is located just off the main level living area with nearby bathroom and tub/shower combination. The plush queen bed and flat-panel TV create a cozy retreat. Bedroom 4 is on the 3rd level and features a built-in twin bed over a double bed that sleeps up to 3 guests and an en suite bathroom with a shower. Master suite bedroom 1 is located on the 3rd level and boasts incredible lie down ocean views from the queen bed. There is an attached en suite bathroom with a dual sink vanity and a glass walk-in shower. Step outside the sliding doors from the master bedroom to a private view balcony with glass panel railings and sweeping panoramic views that stretch from La Jolla all the way to Sunset Cliffs and Point Loma.
Enjoy an ocean view deck on the south side of the building with a fire pit and Adirondack-style chairs to gather around. This San Diego Bluewater vacation rental is just a short walk to beachfront restaurants, beach shops and boutiques, markets, coffee houses and more!
Call the Bluewater Vacation Homes team for help finding the perfect home for your group or for assistance planning your vacation to San Diego. Once you arrive, our guest services team is available 24/7 to ensure you have an exceptional experience.
Layout and Configuration
Sleeps a maximum of 9
- Oceanfront balcony with seating, outdoor shower and access to boardwalk
- Bedroom 2: queen bed (sleeps 2) with HDTV and access to oceanfront balcony
- Bathroom with walk-in shower
- Additional ocean view court side patio with fire pit, seating for 4 and gas BBQ grill
- 2-car tandem garage
- Open floor plan: living room with flat-screen HDTV and wet bar, kitchen and breakfast bar with seating for 4 and dining room with seating for 6 – all featuring ocean views
- Oceanfront balcony with couch seating
- Bedroom 3: queen bed (sleeps 2) with HDTV
- Full hall bathroom
- Bedroom 1 (master suite): queen bed (sleeps 2) with HDTV, en suite bathroom and a private oceanfront balcony
- Bedroom 4 (suite): twin and full bunk bed set (sleeps up to 3) with HDTV and en suite bathroom
- Ready-made beds with freshly laundered linens
- 1 bath towel, hand towel and washcloth per guest
- 1 beach towel per guest
- Kitchen sponge, hand soap, dish soap and dishwasher soap
- 2 rolls of paper towels
- Kitchen trash bags
- Bathroom starter kit (per bath): hotel-style set of shampoo, conditioner, lotion and bath soap
- 2 rolls of toilet paper per bathroom
- Gas for BBQ grill
- Laundry detergent
General Household Amenities
- Cable TVs
- Box fans for bedrooms
- In-home washer and dryer
- Iron and ironing board
- Hair dryer
- Gas BBQ grill
Please note: Bikes, beach chairs and toys are not included. Check out our partners for discounts on bike and beach rentals.
- Refrigerator, oven/stovetop, microwave and dishwasher
- Toaster, blender and coffee maker
- Cookware, dishes, cups, mugs and utensils
- BBQ grill utensils
Please note: Spices, baggies, aluminum foil, etc. are not supplied.
- 2-car garage dimensions: 7′9″ width x 35′ depth x 7′7″ height
- Narrow alley not suitable for large vehicles
- Limited additional street parking
The location of this home is hard to beat. It’s just a few steps to the bay or the ocean, and within close walking distance to a myriad of restaurants, pubs, coffee shops, markets, surf shops, beach boutiques, water sports, beach and bike rentals and more! Just park your car in the garage – you won’t need it because everything is here!
Soak up the sun, watch the surfers and dolphins off shore, or take your morning stroll along the miles and miles of beachside or bayside boardwalks. It’s all here and waiting for you.
Distance to Popular San Diego Attractions
Approximate driving distance
- Balboa Park and Museums: 9 miles
- Belmont Park: 1 mile
- Gaslamp Quarter/Downtown San Diego: 10 miles
- La Jolla Cove: 6 miles
- LEGOLAND® California Resort: 30 miles
- Mount Soledad Veterans Memorial: 5 miles
- Old Town San Diego State Historic Park: 6 miles
- San Diego Zoo®: 10 miles
- San Diego Zoo® Safari Park: 37 miles
- SeaWorld® San Diego: 3 miles
- Seaport Village: 9 miles
- Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve: 11 miles
- USS Midway Museum: 9 miles
|May - 2019|
|Jun - 2019|
|Jul - 2019|
|Aug - 2019|
|Sep - 2019|
|Oct - 2019|
|Nov - 2019|
|Dec - 2019|
Please note: A government-issued ID and the credit card used at booking must be presented at check-in. Guest age requirement is 25+ unless children accompanied by parents. Parties, excess noise or violating maximum occupancy are prohibited and will result in immediate eviction with no refunds.
- 50% down; all balances are due 60 days prior to arrival
- City Occupancy Tax: 10.5%
- Departure Cleaning: $360
- Vacation Rental Damage Protection: $149
- Refundable security deposit amount dependent on number of occupants and length of stay
Arrival / Departure
- Check-in: 4:00 PM
- Check-out: 10:00 AM
Please note: We are unable to accommodate early check ins or late check outs during peak periods.
Furnishings and amenities are subject to change. No refunds given for any reason unless manager deems the home to be uninhabitable. All occupants and use of home must be approved by management, and reservations may be declined or canceled at management’s discretion. All rates are subject to change until finalization of reservation.